Bov not working, think I found the issue?

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
So I've been getting surge at anything over 14psi. I made a boost leak tester and found some major boost leaks on the turbo side. So I got all those taken care of and then I hear a leak coming from the intercooler:/

I got it new from DM and installed it very carefully. Should I see about sending it back and having it replaced or am I able to have it fixed?

Thanks!

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Tried to get ahold of Arron but it went to voice mail, I fixed most the major leaks and got a lot done today. Took it out for a test drive to see if it would vent 15psi and it would not, it seems like it dose not want to hold boost over 12psi anymore:/
You think the DM 46mm waste gate is not working properly and that's why in having issues with it this?

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
If you have any doubts about your wastegate working properly, take it off the car and use compressed air and a air gun to check if its leaking. Hook your air gun to your air compressor then hook a rubber hose from air gun to bottom of wastegate nipple and check if its leaking from the valve. I have a brand new Chinese knock off HKS 50mm that leaks like no tomorrow right out of the box.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
I found exhaust leaks at the turbo gasket, and the wastegate. I ordered newer and better ones so that should help.
The leak at the turbo gasket was pretty bad, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353024774.918691.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353024793.327945.jpg

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
I'll be cutting off and switching the flanges around today, got a Greddy metal gasket's for the turbo on its way.

IJ-I'm sure ill have more issues once it's sealed, just how it goes.....but hoping for the best though. . But that's life and you just have to roll with the punches lol!!!!!!

We shall see though.

Last edited: