Bought the SupraStick; Need paddle shifters?

deputy865

Sep 3, 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
So I bought the SupraStick tranny controller and I SWEAR I saw that it does not come with paddles or anything of the sort...

Where can I get a cheap set of paddles for my car? Everything I'm finding is either a complete kit (where things aren't sold separately) or the paddles are $500+.... Having a hard time grasping the fact that paddles would cost more than the transmission controller. Maybe I'm an idiot and doing all the wrong searching?

A new steering wheel with paddles that I can plug into would be fine.. Or a set of aftermarket paddles that can be attached to my wheel or whatever would be great to. I have the controller, I just need the paddles to plug my leads into....

Going into a Lexus SC300, 1JZ swapped with Auto TT tranny.. I looked into IS300 steering wheels with the buttons... They are all $300~+ for the complete wheel.

Any ideas or links?

Thanks,

Shane

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Waste of time $ and effort running paddles on a 340....

Due to the mechanical layout of the Trans on downshifts you have a big box full of neutrals until the road speed drops.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Don't really know what more I can say.....

You come to a bend in the road paddle shift down a gear and NOTHING no engine braking nada..... get back on the throttle and you get drive.

deputy865

Sep 3, 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
IJ.;1872220 said:
Don't really know what more I can say.....

You come to a bend in the road paddle shift down a gear and NOTHING no engine braking nada..... get back on the throttle and you get drive.

Maybe they fixed that with the newest version? It says in its features that it has redline protection for downshifting..?

deputy865

Sep 3, 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
IJ.;1872233 said:
Has nothing to do with the SupraStick it's a limitation in the layout of the Transmission...

Ahhh I get it now, sorry for my ignorance.. I'm new to this sort of stuff..

Wouldn't the tranny jump to the appropriate RPM as soon as the gas was touched after downshifting?

Wouldn't the RPS slowly fall (like in a manual) if say you took it to 5,500 RPMs and let off the gas, without downshifting?

Shane

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1872220 said:
Curious, I believe the LS400 I just picked up has the A340 in it, and I use the lever to downshift to slow down... or at least I *think* I'm slowing down. Am I fooling myself here IJ, or is the lack of engine braking only applicable to the Suprastick setup?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
I do the same thing on my 92 sc400, drop it down into 1 at 25mph and the rear tires squeal a lil bit from engine braking.
The lex's have a341 trannys tho.

deputy865

Sep 3, 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
I emailed them.

It won't engine break unless you are touching the throttle while down shifting.. Then it will do it.

Still.. Main question is where do I get a set of paddles for my car without spending so much money for them?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
deputy865;1872403 said:
Still.. Main question is where do I get a set of paddles for my car without spending so much money for them?
Buy a ZZ Celica... trying to be cheap with a Supra is kinda like pissing in the wind man. Especially if you start modifying the car much...