Bose Speaker Installation

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
Hey guys, I heard john's stereo and it's not too bad for bose speakers... he just needs to tune the system a bit. What kind of amp are you using, John?

If you want something good on a budget, you can find and old used Fosgate Punch 45 and run it in 3 channel mode. It is a very good and warm sounding amp and will put out tons of power when loaded down. I put out just over 130db with two 8" subs in a GTI. It also has good tone controls at 20khz and 45hz to combat road noise and rolled off HF drivers.

I used to install a ton of those type of systems when I was an installer... I'm going to do the same in my supra.

If you want to hear what a really good stereo sounds like, check out what I have at home: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390466

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
OMG! That system is frickin' insane! I MUST come and listen to it sometime! I can't even begin to imagine what those 8ft. sound monoliths sound like!

And I don't have a standalone amplifier, just a Sony head unit, with 50Wx4...lol.

Matt: And I have been listening to the subs with the different placement, and I do think it sounds better! They will be staying there, not to mention it allows for a lot more trunk space. :)

Matt: 666 posts!! :evil5:

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
BTW...the Bose speakers I used were rated at "4-8ohms". Hmmm...

Here are my subs...lol.
p425490_1.jpg

Last edited:

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Creative setup dude, I give you props for trying something like that and setting it up to your liking.

FYI: When Bose states a "4-8Ohm" range, their speakers are actually 6Ohms each. Most current home theatre amplifiers are intended for 8Ohm loads, and the 2Ohm difference is usually not enough to cause a problem (although it can on finicky models). It will usually draw a bit more power out of those amps as well...

As for your car setup; your headunit is rated at 4Ohm loads, so running the 6Ohm load you're actually losing about a quarter of your headunits rated power... This will not hurt your system at all, so no worries there, but have you noticed that you have to turn your volume higher to reach your desired listening level?

Still one of the coolest things I've seen done for sake of creativity and motivation :icon_bigg :cool:

Peace,

-James