Boost Films SFL - Smiley's MKIII Supra Dyno Pass [HD]

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Smiley has always had an impressive car. I remember talking with back in like 05 or 06 about his set up. One of the coolest guys I got the chance to talk to.

Boosted833

Jan 22, 2008
Coconut Creek
k20maniac;1838497 said:
What is he tuning with?

If I'm not mistaken I think he's running an AEM...will double check and get back to you, how ever he really wasn't tuning the car there was some work being done (replacement of a cracked exhaust manifold) and was just looking for any differences/ ensuring everything was still intact so the car can still be driven on the street. He'll be back to put down some 4 digit numbers soon :)

Boosted833

Jan 22, 2008
Coconut Creek
IBoughtASupra;1838825 said:
So a 1JZ head gasket. Is the bottom end stock or was it built?

He mentioned that he paid some $$$ for the gasket cuz the one he has can't be found in the US....Will ask what exactly it is...he's @ work so might be a lil later today for a response.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It's definitely a 1JZ. Only way to get it is to buy one of few kits left or knowing someone outside of the states to get one. No need to bug him, that's the only two gaskets that will work, 1JZ/2JZ, and you can get any 2JZ in the states...1JZ on the other hand..;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Not too shabby, if not for the whale tail and hood, you wouldn't suspect much...

1jz head gaskets are hard to come by you say? Hmm... might have to dig a bit and see if I still have the one that came with the kit I bought, we just reused the stock one that Toyota put in there. :)