Blitz Ecu Vs. Mines Ecu

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Both are good ecus and can have different modifications. The standard moded ecu has higher rev limit, no boost/ fuel cut, and slightly more agressive timing maps. Some are configured for larger injectors. The thing is that they are bought used most of the time and unless you get one from a JDM clip or engine set, you dont really know what has been done to them.

I had a Mines ECU that came with my 1jz clip, it was awsome!! It made up to 550 RWHP with an SAFC. The Blitz ECU's seem to crap out more than the Mines ECU's, I have personally seen 3-4 blown Blitz ECU's and no blown Mines ECU's....take that for what its worth.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
its important to remember that neither of these ECUs compare to standalone engine management. As above, unless you scored one with a front cut or something, I wouldnt waste the extra dollars compared to a factory ECU. Either go full standalone or if you'r stock ECU crapped out, replace it with another and save your dollars until you can afford to go standalone. People ask far too much for the sale of their blitz/mines ECUs imo, especially consdering the reliabilty issues of 1JZ-GTE ECUs

Mk3Soup

Proudly Sponsored By SPER
Aug 20, 2005
Queensland, Australia
i got a blitz ecu with my half cut n its been running fine over the past 2 years with my standard turbo's. as said, it doesnt have speed cut or boost cut, and mine rev's to around 7800rpm. bout to put an SAFC with it to help with my single install till i get the $$$$ together for a standalone.

As spiller said, its nice if you get one with your half cut, but definatly not a substitute for a standalone.

Sam

Jan 31, 2008
Saskatchewan
I've had both. I bought the Mine's ECU first, but when I received it and installed it, it did not work. So I sent it back to the gentleman in Japan and he sent me a Blitz ECU to replace it. It works very well. No boost cut or speed cut and has a very aggressive tune for the stock injectors. Still has the 7,200 rpm rev-limiter for some reason... But still, a decent ECU. Seems to work nicely with my SAFC-II.