Bic ddp

Joseph Cruz

This is my first post so here goes I was wondering if I got a bic ddp (divorced down pipe) if I would hit fuel cut with a 60 trim ct26. My mods as of now are just a mhg and arp head studs. My plan is for a full exhaust Lexus afm and 550 injectors. There's more to come but thats for next month. Any help for this would be greatful

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I wouldn't think so with factory intake and exhaust, but you may be cutting it close with that turbo. Every car is different. I've heard of member's rides hitting boost cut as low as 9psi and and some going over 12psi before boost cut. You can always get a boost controller in the future if you need to turn the boost down.

Suprajay

MrGoFast
Apr 11, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
I ordered a BIC DDP last year around early March late February and received it in May. It took a while but it was a quality piece. I was also informed at that time they were phasing out their DDP for the MK3 Supra so I would definitely EMail them before ordering just to be certain it isn't already phased out. I have a 57 trim CT26 and I'm running factory injectors no exhaust (have one but not installed currently) and just a autozone cone filter (have an AEM waiting to be installed with a DM 4" intake now) and I didn't hit fuel cut. But I also was only around 5 psi due to a weak wastegate (have a DM 11lb wastegate about to get installed now). I hit fuel cut when I installed my MBC but that's because it was spiking so I had to turn it down and it spikes to 12lbs and drops to 8-9ish with no fuel cut. On cold days it hits fuel cut due to denser air but normal spring and summer days no fuel cut. I would suggest AT THE VERY LEAST 550cc/lexus AFM upgrade. As far as a boost controller goes you can not lower it below the rated wastegate pressure so if your wastegate pressure is 6-7psi that is as low as it will go just FYI.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
BIC DDP is a great quality part, it helps spool alittle faster, and adds about 25hp from the stock elbow/downpipe...but man...it is LOUD!!!