BHG?

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
well today i was driving.. notice my temp gauge start rising up there.. so im like fuck tell me i got a coolant leak or some shit... i get home.. look under the hood and see my overflow is completely full... with coolant all around it that came outta of the hose that vents off of it. My oil seems to be fine but, im just waitin for it to cool down to dump some water in the radiator and look to see if i can see bubbles coming up through and also my friend is coming up tomorrow with a block tester to tell me for sure.

I'll keep you guys posted.

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
you too, i dont really care either way, i mean yea its a hassle but it was bound to happen so i just gotta build it up a lil so i dont pop another one and its not costing me much to get it fixed.

boostin89

May 6, 2006
california
Ya, thats what im thinking. It was going to happen, and its better that it didnt happen when i was on a trip somewhere or something. And now I can move to a metal HG. So its all good. I forgot i had to get my Head machined though, so I guess that'l have to happen too.

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
From what i've been told, theres no real need to go MHG just arp head bolts, well unless you plan on running alot of boost and up there with the horsepower, then might as well be safe but, i was told that i can run 12-13 pounds all day and the mods i have right now (3 inch turbo back exhaust, FMIC, BOV,and soon to be more) and be perfectly fine. I was told this buy a friend who has a mk3 and was running 14 pounds with an upgraded turbo on oem headgasket just arm head bolts torqued down.

boostin89

May 6, 2006
california
Ya I've heard that too, but im not sure if its worth the risk incase i plan on running higher boost later on... I dunno. I'll prob just end up going with oem gasket and arp, but maybe MHG if I decide on high boost. fixing a bhg can get expensive, thats for sure. All the more reason to get a high quality boost controler.

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
Yea, im lucky to have a friend whos doing it cheap for me and it will only take him a day so i can have my car back asap. Yea i have a greddy profec b spec II sittin in my back seat waiting to go in, looks like its gonna be waitin a lil longer now.

peachtits

Beer Pong Champ
Oct 27, 2005
upstate ny
Well studs or bolts.. i need some ARP studs and a OEM head gasket.. my questions were answered by way of a block test. Everythings gettin put in june 1st. Anyone know of a good place to order both the arp studs and yota HG, let me know, thanks