Beware of similar fraud

sorcereur

MKIII Revolution Inc.
Mar 31, 2005
NC
I got this email from a user through an egay auction i had going....

Dear sorcereur,

Hi there, i want you to sell this item to my client , if the the price is good, i'll send you a certified check because presently i'm in uk attending to some business related issues and my client is in africa where my wife is presently.so ah, you can leave your phone number and address. I'll be back in africa in some three weeks.So i'll like the items to be shipped before then be that it may,a company in the africa is going to be responsible for the pick up of the item for my client. So leave me your full name and address which the check will be addressed. do a favour ,just wire the shipping company their money i.e the excess fund.So i'll get back to you with the shipping details as soon as possible. thanks for your assistant.

My reply:
You think I'm stupid? We're on to you!!!!!

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Funny, I remember trying to sell an exhaust, so I put it on "thepartstrader". Got an email in a few hours (made out to "Roberto" no less, my name is Jacob) saying that he would send me a paypal check for $2k, and I send him back the difference of 150, or $1850. I was like uhhhh, ok send the check and I'll wait for it to clear. He never sent the money, but rather a different email saying he'd love to buy my car. I replied that the car wasn't for sale, but I was still waiting for that $2k check for the exhaust. I yanked the ad from there later that day, what a waste. :p

The stories these scammers come up with are real good sometimes.

-J

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Ya'll ever get an e-mail from someone "overseas", claiming to be a lawyer, and that you are entitled to some kind of inheritance? I think those are hilarious, which makes me also wonder who actually falls for things like that.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Did any of you with the problem deal with a Mr. Cooper tho? I need to know cause i'm dealing with him right now. he's from overseas and is buying my car for his client who sent money and it's suposedly in the mail right now. I need to know if you could please tell me.
eric

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
drjonez said:
heh. i hope you're kidding......afterall, it is 4/1.....

hey DR J is back! woot! :D

as for this...basically anything when the buyer is overseas or there is a "client" or they want to send you money any other way then a bank transfer or in hand etc.... ITS A SCAM...

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
pyramid scams actual work, but only for the peopleinvoled in the first run through. after that the people on the bottom loose money.