Best Sway Bars?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I'm looking for some advice from the suspension expert(s).

As I've found through this site, Tanabe, Suspension Techniques, and Whiteline are the big and/or only companies that make aftermarket anti-sway bars for the MK3.

I do not know much of anything about a vehicle's suspension. I do understand, to a certain degree, what certain parts do, but do not know how they work.

With that in mind, I was wondering which sway bars would be best to use.

The diameter of the bars, taken from each company's website, is as follows:

Whiteline Front: 30 mm
Whiteline Rear: 22 mm

Suspension Techniques Front: 28 mm
Suspension Techniques Rear: 24 mm

Tanabe Front: 30.4 mm
Tanabe Rear: 25.4 mm

Thank you in advance

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Depends on a lot.

There is no best, they need to match the rest of the car.

So what springs, dampers, weight, use, etc?

And I thought I made a thread in here with the results to the sway bar testing I did. That would be a good place to look. Posting diameters doesn't mean anything.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I read that thread a couple days ago. I want it to be for street use, but to handle more like it's set up for road racing. Right now I'm on stock springs/shocks, but plan on switching over to illuminas and either eibachs or rsr race springs soon.

kHaNg

Like FAtHer Like SoN
Apr 17, 2007
Mass
for mk3 the bic endlinks are the only ones available for aftermarket sway bars i presume?

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
kHaNg;1289741 said:
for mk3 the bic endlinks are the only ones available for aftermarket sway bars i presume?

A-1 Makes a set for the rear only. I have purchased them, but havent installed them yet. They are great quality. For the front, BIC is the only one that makes front end links :(

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I cannot comment on what is "best" but I will say that the adjustable (3 way) whiteline sway bars that I got from the group buy here years ago are AWESOME. I just got around to installing them a few months ago, and what a difference. I already had whiteline springs and bilstien adjustable (3 way ride height) shocks, but these bars made a huge improvement.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
theres a old website that tested all the bars... i beleive the STs were rated around 10-15% better than stock but the whitelines were at the top at like 30%. if i find it i will post it up. btw whitelines > ST's. i've owned both, the st's were good, but the whitelines feel amazing

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
love my whitelines..... would like more info on these end links that you all talking about.... been out of the loop for a few years.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
My Tanabe's combined with my Tein Flex's are a good combination for me. Granted I don't auto cross or rally race. I've put em through the paces on some winding country roads and held up pretty good.