Best performance clutch 7mge

TaylorRacing

Jun 1, 2011
San Diego
Hey guys, I have been searching all over for clutch info and i am only finding info for 7mgte clutches.

Motor is a 7mgte with a W56 trans. meaning it uses a 7mge clutch and fly wheel. The new stock clutch just let go with about 200 miles on it.. vehicle is a trailer queen and only gets driven in the boost. honestly i think this drivetrain gets more abuse then Time attack or drift cars. anyways, who makes a nice clutch for the money? my goal is for a clutch to last 2k miles with power range of 3-400hp. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Roger UK

Jun 20, 2010
Newcastle
Yes, the 7M-GTE uses a PULL clutch setup, guess your vehicle has the conventional PUSH type, as used on the 7M-GE.

I just use a stock clutch, so can't recommend a particular uprated one . . .

But the MK4 Supras with the N/A engine (2JZ-GE) use exactly the same clutch as the 7M-GE (I know, because I've replaced my 7M-GE with a 2JZ-GE)

So you could search for one of those too . . . perhaps something like this would be good? :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Competition...ung-/291187735347?hash=item43cc243b33&vxp=mtr

TaylorRacing

Jun 1, 2011
San Diego
i had no idea the 2jzge used the same clutch as the 7mge! Hopefully that opens up more options for me! i'm going to look into this now.

-Mike