Best online business for audio equipment

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
Wanting to upgrade my audio and just want to know what online audio site some member's think i should give my business too instead of going some where like bestbuy or hhgregg. i just want a head unit, and a sub-woofer along with an amp something to give my car a lil umph when it comes to music

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
trucker;1789018 said:
I've used sonixelectronics, or amazon can have some deals. Most of my stuff comes from guys who are regulars over at diyma.com
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

completely forgot about amazon lol might have to see what they have in stock. has anyone fitted one of those touch screened head units in the mk3? should not be to hard just may need to modify somethings

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've bought a lot of stuff from Crutchfield and Amazon when just shopping for parts. Amazon, you're on your own if you ever need help with it, but that's one of the things that makes Crutchfield nice, if a bit on the pricey side occasionally.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I was just going to ask if Crutchfield was still around. I used to buy stuff from them before the internet was around. They used to have ads in the back of magazines. You could request a catalog and they would mail it to you. I haven't been into car audio in a long time.

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
te72;1789101 said:
I've bought a lot of stuff from Crutchfield and Amazon when just shopping for parts. Amazon, you're on your own if you ever need help with it, but that's one of the things that makes Crutchfield nice, if a bit on the pricey side occasionally.

they have some nice enclosed subs that i might check out since i will only need one, probably just bump a 12 since that should be enough to fulfill my bass needs

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Problem with crutchfield is that theytend to be at or near msrp. The jbl ms8(a totally awesome unit that can do in a few seconds what would take a seasoned tuner a week) sells on crutchfield for 799. Amazon or sonic(don't remember which) has it for around 460.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Ebay and Amazon work best for me... Sometimes one site sells the same product cheaper than the other site. And yes, a double din deck (7" touch screen) fits very nicely, and is super easy to install. I put in a Alpine INA-W910 a few months ago and love it.

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
jdemara;1789272 said:
Ebay and Amazon work best for me... Sometimes one site sells the same product cheaper than the other site. And yes, a double din deck (7" touch screen) fits very nicely, and is super easy to install. I put in a Alpine INA-W910 a few months ago and love it.

yea most sites either sell stuff at the same price or cheaper and some have free shipping, i was gonna ask what people suggest for a touch screen dvd,gps,mps,cd player even though there a little pricey i think there a nice addition to an older car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Suprapowaz!(2);1789103 said:
I was just going to ask if Crutchfield was still around. I used to buy stuff from them before the internet was around. They used to have ads in the back of magazines. You could request a catalog and they would mail it to you. I haven't been into car audio in a long time.
MAIL you a catalog? Just how old ARE you? :p

I kid man... they still mail me a catalog once a month or so for some reason.

trucker;1789254 said:
Problem with crutchfield is that theytend to be at or near msrp. The jbl ms8(a totally awesome unit that can do in a few seconds what would take a seasoned tuner a week) sells on crutchfield for 799. Amazon or sonic(don't remember which) has it for around 460.
That's why I said they're kinda hit or miss really. I've seen that MS8 thing, are they compatible with other brand's headunits? I have a Pioneer that I'm rather fond of...
Avicii;1789275 said:
yea most sites either sell stuff at the same price or cheaper and some have free shipping, i was gonna ask what people suggest for a touch screen dvd,gps,mps,cd player even though there a little pricey i think there a nice addition to an older car.
Here's the GPS I had in the Mk2:

p1789364_1.jpg

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Ditto on Amazon. Half the price of crutchfield and fast shipping. Crutchfield is useful for finding certain things though (like speaker sizes, information, etc).

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
Avicii;1789116 said:
they have some nice enclosed subs that i might check out since i will only need one, probably just bump a 12 since that should be enough to fulfill my bass needs

i have a single kicker comp vr 12 ina 1.25 cube sealed box. it slams!!!:icon_bigg pretty cheap too. plenty of bass ..

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
sharpsupra;1789438 said:
i have a single kicker comp vr 12 ina 1.25 cube sealed box. it slams!!!:icon_bigg pretty cheap too. plenty of bass ..

yea i have a friend who has 2 12's and it is just waaaay too much bass he can have his volume on low and i can still hear him half way down the street,i just need to even out the bass so i dont overflow myself and crap all in my car lol

gatorm

Jul 12, 2011
Centerville, Tn
te72;1789364 said:
MAIL you a catalog? Just how old ARE you? :p

I kid man... they still mail me a catalog once a month or so for some reason.

That's why I said they're kinda hit or miss really. I've seen that MS8 thing, are they compatible with other brand's headunits? I have a Pioneer that I'm rather fond of...

Here's the GPS I had in the Mk2:

p1805261_1.jpg
HAHAHAHA!!!! Thats awesome!!