Best clutch set-up for drag racing, Advice, What is everybody running?

Raymonde

Apr 29, 2011
USA
I've read and have been doing a little bit of research on clutch choices for going down the strip.

Some say stick to the oem clutch disk and a stronger aftermarket pressure plate.

Others say go full aftermarket pressure plate and clutch disk, and then you have the options of sprung, un-sprung and multi-disk setups.

Currently I have an act heavy duty pressure plate and stock oem disk.

Ive heard something about how the stock clutch material is soft, gummy and it slips just a lil bit before it grabs, to make it easier to get good 60ft times on the launch.

But can it handle the heat and abuse of back to back passes?

Recently on my third pass after 15 min breaks, my clutch began slipping bad off the launch but now I'm starting to believe that it wasn't the clutch fault and driver error, I had my foot right at the engagement point while i was holding my launch rpms ( i was bracket racing and racing a car that dial in was 3 seconds slower than me so they kept me at the line for a long time) but it may have been engaged slightly while i was holding my launch rpms and got it hot so when i launched it started slipping instantly.

What do you guys think and what do yall run?

------------------------------------------------------------
114cec1e4b757cd084607c98455df9f8_3_400_100.jpg

Abercrombie And Fitch
abercrombie and fitch outlets