Benefit of using Coil-Overs VS. Eibach Springs and Tokico TEMS Struts

CtownDawgs88

Doin' the Best I Can.....
Mar 23, 2009
Northern Ohio
Just wondering what the benefits are with the coil-over's?

Also can CO's be used to increase the ride height of the car?

Reason being I went to get my car Dyno'ed yesterday and would not go on the rack due to the very low ride height of my MKIII - the exhaust flange was hitting the center of the rack - as a result we had to do a "Road Tune". I would like to be able to put this car on the Dyno so I know what power it will make.

Thanks - Mike

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Yes, you can adjust ride height with coilovers. One of my favorite features actually. Keep it low in the summer, raise it back up in the winter so I don't get high-centered on snow drifts haha!

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Keep in mind that adjustable suspension must be adjusted properly. Improper adjustments will have an adverse affect on a vehicles handling. For example if one of the corners has more spring preload than another or if the car is not corner balanced (balancing the percentage of weight applied to each corner) the car may become unpredictable and may very well handle worse than the worn out factory suspension you just replaced.

In short, while coilovers offer the advantage of adjustability, inproper adjustments will cause you problems.