Bad Waste gate?

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
So here my setup, 1jzgte head ported and polished,2jzgte bottom end, 2jzgte cams, driftmotion 6262 turbo kit, fmic 2.5 inch piping, 680cc injectors, fpr, walbro 255, 12vmod, afc neo. So I was running 18-19 psi no problem, then last night I noticed my psi dropped to 13-14 psi. I got home and inspected my manual boost controller (turbosmart) it look ok,but i put a brand new hallman MBC on and it did the same thing still wont boost over 13-14. I said screw it and just took the line off the wastegate to see if it would boost over and nothing even with the line off the wastegate it will not boost past 13-14 and it still pulls hard. Any thoughts Im thinking bad wastegate its the cheap tial replica 46mm??

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Is your wastegate dump tube straight to atmosphere or into exhaust?. If straight to atmosphere and you don't here it open then you probably have a boost leak and it isn't enough boost to open it. You could crank the mbc all the way down and see if it opens depending on which spring is installed. Check all your couplers though.
Taking the source off the wastegate and trying to overboost without fuel cut is a good way to break something.

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
UPDATE. Its fixed, during my adventure I found the gasket was leaking in two spots, boost line to the gauge had a hole in it and my wastegate was leaking a little in one spot. Its all fixed now. Thanks for the help man!!!! You won lol