Bad Karman signal output with SAFC Neo

randomock

NEWB
Sep 15, 2008
Bay Area, California
I was just searching around and found some interesting information: http://www.supercar-engineering.com/rubberducky/3S/Mods/TT/AFCNeo/index.html

After analyzing the data I gathered from my AFC Neo and testing another Neo on a testbench, Apex has confirmed that there is a problem with the Karman (frequency-based) airflow correction feature on current-generation (firmware revision v1.103 or less) AFC Neo products. As shown in my logs, the AFC’s output is incorrect and erratic under certain conditions, most notably when the input airflow signal rises above 1000Hz. The problem does not seem to be limited to anything specific to the 3000GT/Stealth platform, and likely applies to any application using the Karman feature.

I have data logged with the same results. I suggest anyone who has a NEO to check the firmware, if you're using a MAF still (stock or lexus).

Updates are on another forum: http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/apex-afc-neo-confirmed-programming-bug-karman-function-doesnt-work-419786/

From reading all pages, it seems like you have to contact Apexi and they will send you a form and you fax it back, and they give you a RMA #. You then have to send in the Neo and they will flash it to the newest version. Also they seem to be giving people a choice of refund or flash, not sure if they are still doing that.

Apexi's Contact Information

Sticky?

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Sorry to revive an old thread. So I suppose I'd have to go VPC for my neo. No wonder my dyno results seemed somewhat disappointing... but first things first I have to check my firmware before I start blaming.

Last edited:

cricketjoe

Mar 27, 2010
CA
if anyone needs it, i have the apex-i neo reflash form. you fill it out and send it in with your unit and they'll reflash and return to you in about a week.

mstgeer

I just had this done last week. Call them on the phone and Jun will send you an email with the form. I mailed mine on Sat. morning via insured priority mail small flat rate box, cost was ~$6. They received it on Monday (still not sure how that happened) reflashed, sent back out same day, fedex ground. Excellent customer service.