automatic trans issue

customsleepers

Dec 14, 2008
pa
hi i bought a wreaked 89 turbo auto to put in my 87 shell. the trans worked in the car as i did drive it down the road to my house and it seemed fine but since putting it in my 87 which was an auto car it doesnt shift any more. i dont know if in the wiring or what. if you have any ideas please pm me. thanks adam

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
So you drove home a wrecked car? Elaborate on that.

There may have been problems with it, such as a lack of fluid. And driving it home ruined it.

customsleepers

Dec 14, 2008
pa
yes i drove the wrecked car home. it maybe at most an 1/8 mile. i remember the trans shifting ok. i did check to make sure the trans fluid was fine was ok before moving thinking maybe could have knocked a line off but was fine. i than as soon as i got it home started pulling all front body panels off and then cut the whole nose section off. had all the mounts and hose and wires undone. then jacked motor up and pushed the car out from under it about two weeks later i then installed it inthe car its in now and i havent been able to get it to shift. i belive i unplugged the ect computer and i shifted it manually..when i find time im going to try that again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If it shifts fine with the range selector unplugged, the problem is electrical. Which I think you know. You can pull codes on a trans ECU. It doesn't go into drive, or it stays in 1st?