audio help!

SupraDupra907

AK-907
Jan 28, 2008
North Pole
okay, so i have an 89 supra turbo. and well i come to see that all the wires inside are a mess! to me it looks like he had added in an adapter inside. but all the wires are cut, and im not to sure what goes anywhere! does anyone know maybe what all wires mean? such an example like red=power. something to that?

also, did these supras come with some sort of small, rectangular piece under neath the passenger seat? sorta looks like a really tiny version of an amp...

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Some have an external amp under the passenger seat. If yours does, you will find the standard Toyota 6 and 10 pin plugs there. This set up is pretty much used on almost all Toyota cars except for the upper end models. Adapters are everywhere to convert the 6/10 plugs to aftermarket radios.

There is a separate 14, 15, or 20 pin harness that goes between the amp and the head unit. If that is what is cut then things will be simple to restore.

By the way, the main harness under the dash has the 6/10 pin connectors as well. The external amp harness can be traced back to the in-dash 6//10 connectors.