ARP sud's ?

84suprade

Feb 29, 2012
Laurel, Delaware, United States
Ok my friend told me to do the ARP sud's in the mains and that there would be no shop work same with arp rod bolts hes been doing toyota motors for some time he mostly do's 3sgte's ,but then my other friend that has been into toyota's for a longtime and has a boosted 5mge-t in his crassed. told me that the main studs are a wast and i would have to get the block line bored and ,as for as the rods i would have to get them reround, so 7mgte smart guys teach me

my buddy with the 3sgte's seid i could just put the main stud's in ,and for the rod's just pop the rod bolts out and push in the arp rod bolts ,he builds motor's all most ever day

i hope im clear ,thanks for any of your time

Last edited:

84suprade

Feb 29, 2012
Laurel, Delaware, United States
but if your asking if it needs machining for arps bolts/studs, i dont think you do. thats what i was trying to ask for now on stock bottom end not a lot of power just want to make sure there is no spun rods going to happen just beef it up.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
84suprade;1831678 said:
but if your asking if it needs machining for arps bolts/studs, i dont think you do. thats what i was trying to ask for now on stock bottom end not a lot of power just want to make sure there is no spun rods going to happen just beef it up.
you have answer go build car now no rodknock you don't want BHG torque head.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound?!
-AM3

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Spun bearings arent due to weak fasteners.
If you install arp 'suds' in the rods, you will need to have them resized('re-rounded'), because the old studs have to be pressed out, and that can distort the rods. Arp's are always a good idea for the head, and resizing the rods should be done anyway, so rod bolts aren't a bad idea either. Arp's on the mains is for big hp, and/or peace of mind.