Aristo 2JZ-GTE swap - Stalls when shifting to park or neutral? (Auto Trans)

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
So, the swap is up and running. Everything is going great. It idles great, drives great, shifts great, everything. However, there is one major lingering issue.

It stalls when shifting INTO park or neutral. I can start and shift out of these gears, but cannot shift into these gears.

I can shift from Park to Reverse, and it jumps into gear, and the rpm drops slightly and picks back up just like normal. Then I go from Reverse to Neutral, and the car stalls instantly. INSTANTLY. I can force it to start in neutral by giving it a little bit of gas and starting, then switch over to drive.. and then I can drive the car perfectly normally.

So.. what's the problem? Should I check wiring first? I mean, is there really any wiring issue that could cause this? Is there a mechanical issue that could cause this? It does seem to be electrical as it stalls *immediately* and I mean the RPM just drops as if I turned the key off. If my neutral safety switch was wired wrong, that could cause a fail-safe in the ECU maybe? Any leads?

Thanks!

Last edited:

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
It may have to do with the Aristo's speed sensors being (I believe) dual channel and located in the wheels. A member on here named Kristian_Wraae made his own speed trigger sensor to get the Aristo tranny to work in his MKIII.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
This is to help the next person who comes along.

20110926%20JZS147%20~NSW%20%26%20STA.png