apexi safc

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Ok so i just installed my used Apexi safc (oldsking) I have everythign properly wired i just have not connected it the afm connector yet. Everything does work on it, rpm and throttle position. I am wondering what base setting would be good for a stock 7m at 6600 ft (colorado) Or should i just leave the afm out of the equation for now? Until i do my further upgrades (turbo, fuel etc....)

Also when i do the upgrades i am installing an afr gauge as well, would that be the best way to street tune, watch the afrs? i am going to have it pro tuned but need to establish a base as to i have to drive it there.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Set your fuel pressure per TSRM, and leave the SAFC zero'ed out. You can hook into the KS wire, just make sure your SAFC is setup correctly per their instructions. (Karman sensor, etc.) The SAFC is pretty much a digital gauge, until you mess with the corrections.

GET YOURSELF A WIDEBAND. You need one if you are going to be doing any modifying. Then you can do some "fine" tuning.

Good Luck!

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
awesome, ill just use it as a guage until i get everything else done. when setting the corrections do you wanna adjust by afr readings?

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
isnms;1555998 said:
I made a worksheet, linked in my sig, you can use with your wideband logs to assist you in tuning your safc.

x2. I used isnms' spreadsheet to help me with tuning. Also, I'd suggest getting a decent wideband gauge before hand. Good luck and happy modding.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
as long as you have the 2 tools adjusting is all up to you :) I personally had to lean my car out around the rnage of -5% to -%12 in my rpm range.. I was NA at the time and now I am running a MapEcu so I can post those adjustments in the future.

Throttle range is depending on your driving. I had 3o for low 50 for high and did my adjustments from there.