Apexi SAFC HELP Urgently

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
Hey guys i'm a bit frustrated i've been tryna hook up my safc on my car all last night and did everything to apexi's instructions but its not functioning properly. First of when hookup ran all the initial settings everything checked out started the car and then my afr's just went to dead 10's and making adjustments on the afc made no difference also the car did not want to rev at all. My car is 89+ Toyota Supra Turbo JDM spec do the US ECU pinout vary? i just need to get this working, air flow signal which is the pink and orange wire on the afc harness hooks up to where? because according to the instructions this should on the middle connector pin # two starting from the right. I've also searched on the internet for a jdm ecu pin out and saw that the pin next to the said air flow signal pin on the right which is #1 starting from the right is the air flow meter throttle position sensor this was not indicated on apexi's instructions, however i did try on both and made no difference. i tried my safc on another car JDM toyota Soarer to see if that was faulty but it worked fine. So at that point we hooked everything back up to how it was and the car is back to normal. I need this to work so i could i tune the car cause currently with the lex/afm mod from 3500rpm my car is running dead rich afr are at 10's and even blink on the windeband indicating its dipping into the 9's which aint good at all because of this it sputters and cant even rev properly through the powerband. I know some may wonder why this is happening but i believe elevation has a lot to do with this because i live in the Caribbean and we're at sea level our vehicles tend to run richer but i really need to sort this out right now i feel i should have tried the car with the lex/afm and stock 440cc injectors before putting the 550's.:nono:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Any codes? What color are your ecu plugs, gray or yellow?

Sounds to me like the output wire is hooked up wrong causing the ecu to think maf is bad and/or maf is actually bad. Try swapping the electronics out of your old maf with the ones in the Lex and see if it goes away.

What is your fuel pressure set at? At stock FP with no tuning lex/550s do run pig rich but not enough to prevent normal revs and driving.