apexi power fc map sensor option's

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i was wondering if anybody know's of a map sensor that works well with this set-up.i'm using a 2jzgte map now,but would like something bigger.maybe a gm 3bar could be wired in,but i wouldn't know where to start.thanks for any help guy's

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
JonnyRedline;1137282 said:
you need the apexi boost control kit, it comes with a 3 bar map sensor.

i have the boost control kit ,but i was under the impression this was to read boost.jonny can you give me any more info on it,because i must have it hooked up wrong.the apexi boost control harness has a spot for the sensor,but what about the stock plug for the map?
i apprecate the help man

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
Its been a while since I've used it, but if your boost control kit came with a map sensor, it should all be PnP with the pfc. If not, I believe you can use your stock map sensor, but I don't remember if it was able to plug into the pfc. If you do have the pcf map sensor and you are having trouble getting the engine to run, there should be a setting in the pfc commander to select different map sensors, its the one called Apex Press, IIRC.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
JonnyRedline;1141372 said:
Its been a while since I've used it, but if your boost control kit came with a map sensor, it should all be PnP with the pfc. If not, I believe you can use your stock map sensor, but I don't remember if it was able to plug into the pfc. If you do have the pcf map sensor and you are having trouble getting the engine to run, there should be a setting in the pfc commander to select different map sensors, its the one called Apex Press, IIRC.
the boost control harness plug's into the power fc itself and has a plug on it for the that sensor.it has another plug for the boost solinoid also,so i was assuming it was to read boost pressure only.

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
yes I know theres two plugs, one for the boost controller, and one for the map sensor. Have you tried contacting any apexi vendors for the map sensor? If you can find it, you will love the pfc even more.