Anyone used the RK/Beech bushings from Suprasport, or similar?

Adam W

Mar 2, 2008
London
Hi guys,

I recently changed every bush and wearing suspension component (ball joints, tie rods etc) on my AW11 MR2. It took a while to do, but it transformed the car, and literally made it feel brand new again.

The Supra is a similar age, and I feel it would benefit just as much from changing those soggy old rubber bushes out - I have changed the front wishbone bushes a few years back to Superflex ones, but the rears have never been done. Despite having Koni adjustable dampers and stiffer springs all round, the Supra feels really vague and soggy which is not very confidence inspiring when a T67 is pushing you up the road!

The only kit I know of is the "RK" kit from Suprasport - has anyone fitted these bushes, and if so, are they any good? I have heard that some brands of polyurethane bushes do not last well, and can actually make things worse. On a similar track, are the Beech subframe bushes a good option to fix the wobbly subframe that afflicts these cars? I would be happy to consider other brands or suppliers for these parts, I have been away from the Supra community for a while and have completely lost track of who is making what, who can be trusted etc!

The car only does a couple of thousand miles a year so I don't mind making it stiff, and I don't mind a bit of squeaking (within reason!) but I don't want to spend time and money fitting a poor quality product that will not deliver the improvement I am looking for.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I just changed out my front and rear suspension bushings with Energy Suspension poly bushings. I think their MKIII set is fairly new, coming onto the scene only in the past two years or so. They fit great and feel great. The price is pretty good too. I haven't replaced my subframe bushings yet, so no info there.