Anyone interested in 6.5 Speaker pods?

chopstickz

Dec 3, 2005
SoCal
I was wondering if anyone was interested in 6.5in speaker pods for the Mark3 Supra? I sold a few sets on SF for the Mk4. I may decide to do some for the Mk3's here :love:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1137779_1.gif

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
If you can produce and sell them for less than the current going rate of the original ones then I think there would be quite a bit of interest from the community. what would they be constructed out of?

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
What is the goal of these 6.5 speaker pods? Is it to fit a 6.5" speaker in the older mk3s which came without them? Will it offer better sound than the stock pods? I'm just curious so don't mind me heh. I made a nice mdf speaker deck cover for my old 91 prelude and loved working with the material. I'm just wondering how this mdf pod will fit in stock location under panel and still offer as good or better sound than a stock 6.5" pod.
eric

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Stretch;1138290 said:
What is the goal of these 6.5 speaker pods? Is it to fit a 6.5" speaker in the older mk3s which came without them? Will it offer better sound than the stock pods? I'm just curious so don't mind me heh. I made a nice mdf speaker deck cover for my old 91 prelude and loved working with the material. I'm just wondering how this mdf pod will fit in stock location under panel and still offer as good or better sound than a stock 6.5" pod.
eric

The speaker pod upgrade is usually meant to allow bigger speakers to fit in the front. The stock size is 4 inches I think. The reason this guy is making them is because people tend to have trouble finding 91 speaker pods (which fit 6.5 inch speakers), or at least I think that's the reason.

chopstickz

Dec 3, 2005
SoCal
Its mainly for people who cannot find the 6.5in speaker pods. I used to own a Mk3 and I always wanted 6.5" speaker pods but they cost a lot more than I expected.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
chopstickz;1138351 said:
Its mainly for people who cannot find the 6.5in speaker pods. I used to own a Mk3 and I always wanted 6.5" speaker pods but they cost a lot more than I expected.

People will be interested, that's for sure.There is a person on this forum that has done it for his individual build. There might be one issue though. The opening in the panel of the pre-89 supra is just too small for anything bigger than 4" and most of the 6.5 will be covered by the panel. But it might be that very few will mind that. go for it. There are million reasons to use MDF instead of stock plastic. It will sell. ;)

P.S. nice "transformer" head logo on vibration material.