Anyone in Fort Myers?

MERCiLESS

Hey gang,

I recently moved to Fort Myers FL a little over a week ago and have been searching for a local performance shop. Unfortunately, no one else knows about a performance shop or I'm asking the wrong people.

Anyhow, I'm interested in meeting up with anyone in the local area (because my MKIII can't move) and also interested in finding out what local shops are around.

Link up.
MERCiLESS

MERCiLESS

Hey S.G. does it have any good reliable mechanics around your way that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? My 4th cylinder is gone and I want to get in there and fix it but the mechanic I took it to wants to charge 65 an hour and tells me it's going to take at least 1500 to get in there to see what's really wrong and then additional to fix the problem, parts and time to put it back together which sound like a rip-off so I just had hte car towed back home this morning.

Let me know.
Thanks.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
haha mechanics, I wouldn't know onw personally. I do all my own mechanic work. I've ripped the cylinder head out of our previous 5M a few different times, had to replace a piston b/c it was chewed up. I just do engine work myself, no sense in spending an outrageous amount of cash when you have the tools to do it.

but from what I gather, most shops down this way charge 55-65 an hour and they're asses in their prices. it costs anywhere from $20-$45 for a leak down test or compression test

if I had a vehicle myself that would make it to Ft. M, I'd see if I could help you out but I'm stuck with a POS Saturn until I get my Supra back from impound (don't ask, lol)

the guys on fortmyersracing.com may steer you in the right direction, you can try naplesracing.com also, there's a lot of guys from ft. m

MERCiLESS

Well if you ever have the time and can help me out I'll appreciate it. I'll even come pick you up and take you back home no problem at all. The biggest thing is that I don't think my apartment complex will appreciate me stripping an engine in my parking spot :) although I've done some stuff under their noses.

That impond time sounds like either you were smoking some rubber or doing 85 in a 55 :).

I checked out fortmyersracing already and will check them out again as well as naplesracing.com and I'll see if anyone there can help me with anything.

Thanks again.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
no problem! if I wasn't in the process of moving and all this crap, I'd sure be willing to help out any way I could, I'm always looking to get my hands into an engine :evil2:

as for the impounding, lol it goes a bit deeper than what you'd think. maybe I'll share the story when I get her back :)

hawk

save me from my camry!
Jul 19, 2005
cape coral, fl 33990
pro auto 239-997-1819. my former scout master runs the place. its on littleton rd between the 2 41's in north fort myers. its a basic shop but he knows some pretty straight ppl. call him up and ask him what he can do for you.