Anybody good with harnesses?

uncmk3nut

Apr 12, 2012
wilmington, nc
Does anybody know of a shop/gentleman that rebuilds engine wiring harnesses for 7mgte's? Thanks. I've tried to find a new harness and its been 6 months with no luck; & I do not know anybody with the skills needed, hence my awesome thread.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I built my own from the ground up, but I dont have much interest in doing it for anyone else. It's a TON of work.

Tweak'd performance does some work. I dealt with Cam and he helped me out quite a bit. I'd send him an email. He's a member on here. Website here: http://www.tweakdperformance.com/index2.html

PS: Everyone is always surprised by how much people charge to do this work, but take it from someone who's gone through it, if someone charges you a few hundred to do just basic rework you're not paying them much for their time. Doing it well is VERY time consuming.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
As long as your existing harness isn't totally screwed - you can remanufacture it yourself. Wire is cheap and easy to source, and the pins & wire seals are SUMITOMO MT Series 090 pins. I get my stuff from www.polevolt.co.uk

Connector housings are still available from Toyota, but usually your existing one is salvageable, just de-pin it, scrub it with a little gasoline on a toothbrush and fresh wire, wire seals & pins and they're good as new. The insulation on the wiring just peels off - and can be got from eBay.

Just replace the wire from ECU connector to the sensor connector in one go - no splicing unless it's absolutely necessary.