any toyota transponder experts?

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
for christmas i decided to get my mom a remote starter for her 2004 toyota sequoia. i didnt have the device to bypass the transponder when the remote starter was activated but i was going to install it anyway and add that later. well i installed the remote starter and everything was fine. but know the car will not start on its own because the transponder wont recognize the oem keys!!! idk what happened but i tried everything and instead of the security light turning off when the key is inserted it keeps flashing as if a non transponder key is in. the car cranks fine but no starting. any help is good. thanks

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
If I were you i would put everything back to stock and reset the ecu. I saw another guy have this same problem while trying to install a remote start. Why on earth would even try to install it without all the parts you needed?

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
well i didnt know it would need the bypass until i started doing it. but i tried takking everything back off and it did the same thing :(

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
hhmmm, sure would suck if they keys had to be reprogramed. The keys for my wifes lexus were like $300 a piece. But that was for keys and programming

r45marsh

Old MotorHead
Sep 22, 2007
Huntsville,Alabama
Did some reasearch when my Altima coupe Intelligent key went on the fritz. Seems like most new vehicles need to have the keys & vehicle programed together in order to be set to recognize each other. Luckily the car is still under warrantee. No cost, otherwise, an hour of shop time at the dealer & $150+

Good luck.