Any HKS F-CON users?

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Have a couple questions on this unit that I've searched for info on and have been unsuccessful in locating. Firstly, here is what I do know:

The unit I have is an "E type" but has a "D-6 055" chip installed.
Pic:
p1923958_1.jpg

Which brings me to my first question: Do I need to find an "E type" chip or will this set up work?

If the above answer = yes, then...

For stock injectors (440cc) do I need a different chip?

Thanks in advance,

-Taylor

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Bogwon;1923958 said:
Have a couple questions on this unit that I've searched for info on and have been unsuccessful in locating. Firstly, here is what I do know:

The unit I have is an "E type" but has a "D-6 055" chip installed.
Pic:
p1949429_1.jpg

Which brings me to my first question: Do I need to find an "E type" chip or will this set up work?

If the above answer = yes, then...

For stock injectors (440cc) do I need a different chip?

Thanks in advance,

-Taylor

According to this previous post,(http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?142304-hks-f-con-w-out-fcd) the D-6055 chip is used for the 440cc. Of what i understand the "E type" chips replaced the "D type" as the FCON box was modernized a bit to work with the VPC and GCC but should be fairly similar in function. Although if your planning on running the VPC and GCC set up along side with the FCON you might run into issues with that chip. Again, this is what i understand is the difference between the two but don't hold me to it. To be sure you might want to contact HKS USA and ask.