Any body know anything about a 99 xj8 pos!!!

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
So got woke up at 5am by the wife her 99 xj8 won't start. It was 16% here this am. It cranks but no start. She drove it home just lastnight with the kiddios just fine. The car has half of tank of gas in it so I'm trying not to think it's a frozen gas line bit she does buy the cheapest 91 octane she can find. It got up to 45% here today so i figured when I got home it would start but hell no same prob. So could the lines still be froze? By the way took her to work in the not so trusty supra lol.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Since when do gas lines freeze? I live where it's not uncommon to see -25° and COLDER (speaking just ambient temps, cars don't care about wind chill), and I've never heard of anyone's fuel freezing up... Well, aside from diesel fuel anyway. Did she put diesel in it on accident?

My money would be on a starter related issue. Fuses, starter, wiring... possibly some side effect of an anti-theft measure? You say it cranks but won't start. Now, if you remove or have a blown EFI fuse, a Supra does the same thing, does it not? I'd start there.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Bhg huh? You've been letting her park next to the Supra haven't you?

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
te72;1783692 said:
Bhg huh? You've been letting her park next to the Supra haven't you?

Lol ya she did. I can't figure this one out. Tryin to get it over to my dads where I can be in a heated garage. But when I crank on it sounds like no compression. So broke timing chain? I had a old chevy truck that I drove the store ran just fine. Went in to get my pizzas came out and no start. Towed it home and timing chain had stretched. I am thinking same prob here. Just puzzled why coolent is in the oil.