Another whats this wire go to thread.

tko_mk3

Sep 6, 2010
Ohio
This is located by the alternator, I am having a hell of a time tracing it back to its source. Any clue on what it is/where it goes?
This is my last outstanding wire so the quicker I get this taken care of the quicker I get running. Thanks
p1799728_1.jpg

p1799728_2.jpg

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
my guess is progressive power steering...going by wire colors white-green and white-red.

Just read this was 1jz swap so yeah you have to extend the pps from the passenger side over to the driver side and plug it in.

Not necessary for start up and driving.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Well now that somebody else helped you, maybe now you or someone else can help me.

The primary O2 sensor goes to a grey connector IIRC. Where does that connector lead to?

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
JPsToyota;1801587 said:
Well now that somebody else helped you, maybe now you or someone else can help me.

The primary O2 sensor goes to a grey connector IIRC. Where does that connector lead to?

I am not sure that I understand your question. I am going off memory and on the 4 wire O2 sensor there is signal power, heater power, heater ground, and signal. The heater power is 12v source and ground goeas to a grounding point. The signal goeas back to the ECU and I can't remember if the signal power is 5v or 12v. If it is 5v it would come from the ecu. If that doesn't help then provide some clarification.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
MightyAl;1801615 said:
I am not sure that I understand your question. I am going off memory and on the 4 wire O2 sensor there is signal power, heater power, heater ground, and signal. The heater power is 12v source and ground goeas to a grounding point. The signal goeas back to the ECU and I can't remember if the signal power is 5v or 12v. If it is 5v it would come from the ecu. If that doesn't help then provide some clarification.

I want to know where the connector and wire (harness side, not O2 side) physically goes into the harness. Basically where the wire comes from to connect to the wire coming off of the O2 sensor wire/connector.

I cannot find mine and I have quite a few loose connectors hanging around. So the color of the connector (pretty sure its a grey 3 or 4-pin) and where it is actually coming from on the harness would help me immensely in finding it.