almost ready for Holiday Hills

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I installed my lexus afm, walbro 255, 550 injectors, and a new fuel filter today. I now have to install my intercooler (suppose to be here March 2) and make me some hard pipes. Then I'm going to have it tuned and I'll be ready to go racing.
The car is running rich right now, and I dont know how to lean it out with my safcii, so I'm waiting till I go to the dyno. Shooting for 300, but I'll take whatever I get and be happy as long as it is tuned correctly.
Hope to see alot of people representing the MKIII on March 16th.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
LOL. It's Holiday Raceway or Holiday Beach. Good try though. Hopefully it won't be too cold because I'm still hitting fuel cut with a shimmed stock turbo when it's cold. Hope to see everybody there.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Still running a bit rich. Got my intercooler, but now I'm waiting on some silicone elbows. Can't wait to get it installed. I had to change out my plugs, because they were fouled out. It idles a little better now though.

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
Casper, since my car is down, I'll bring my lexus AFM up there and let you try it out at holiday if you promise not to steal it:icon_razz . It'll do away with that fuel cut real quick like. Just dont try to turn up your boost until it hits fuel cut again, that could be bad.:biglaugh:

Im assuming that you definitely have the stock AFM if youre hitting fuel cut with just shims.

What you think?

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
It was only on a really cold night. It's not hitting it now. Plus I don't trust putting the Lex on an engine with the stock fuel system. Thanks for the offer though.

PS: LESS THAN 1 WEEK FOR THE MEET.

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
Yeah, I wouldnt get you to do anything to mess up your car, I know too much about em to do that. I have been running mine with an upgraded turbo up to 18psi on Cleaned stock fuel plus a walbro255 and never had any problems from it. But I figured that you might have a walbro in it at least. Anyways, you shouldnt be hitting fuel cut, not even with ice hangin off the oilpan.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Got my intercooler and pipes installed today. I used the stock upper pipes cause I didn't have time to have them made. I'm still a little rich, but I'm having it tuned tomorrow at Walker Dyno Tune in trussville. I hope everything goes good. So far everytime that I've kicked it , I've blown a i.c. pipe off. I hope that these new coupling that I got from Aaron will keep them on. I'm too scared to punch it and find out. I'll see tomorrow when it gets on the dyno though. I'm also thinking about racing saturday night just to see how it runs with the new turbo. If I ever do a turbo swap again, I'm going with a upgraded ct26. This garrett has been a real pain in the ass.

Hope to see everyone thursday night. My car may be slow as crap, but I'm going to have it shining. lol.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Still running a little rich at idle, but is perfect at wot. That's usually where I stay anyways. (wot) Hope everyone makes it Thursday.