Allow me to formally reintroduce myself....

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
I've been away for quite some time since I had to get rid of my 87 Turbo Supra for next to nothing because of issues that came up while moving. It was the odd car out so it had to go. I regret getting rid of it for as cheap as I did and now I want to get back into one. I've had tons of life changes since I left, mostly for the bad, but I'm finally getting things back together.

Anyways, I'm looking for another Supra to replace my 92 Honda Prelude SI. It is a nice car but is just not the car I've always wanted. I'm currently looking at an 87 Supra non turbo/ automatic for $900.00 and debating on getting it because of how cheap it is and the rarity these cars are becoming. It would be my daily driver until I could afford to do the things I wanted to it.

I tried looking it up on the search tool and couldn't find the answer. My question is how good would a non turbo be on gas if the car was in good running condition? Thank you in advance!!!

queenbean

Sep 7, 2010
Calgary
Good to know things may be starting to look up for you... take things one step at a time and life doesn't have to be so overwhelming lol. =)

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
if I were you I'd put that off, automatic to standard is hefty. I was gunan do it back in the day to my 87 targa turbo but I ended up getting a 1jz 5 speed twin turbo R for what I would of had into the car and it's twice as nice. The only thing I miss is my targa top for summer, but no leaks in the rain makes up for it. I definately wouldn't buy another sports car without a manual transmission, it feels like you have more control over it.

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
Well I have an r154 transmission that is just sitting in my garage. I had planned to swap out the auto in my old car to a 5 speed until some drastic changes took place. I'm in no rush to tear the thing apart and do the things I want to it until much later. Only thing it will be used for is a daily driver until I can do those things. This one that I'm looking at is a targa so that would be a nice thing. My old one had a moonroof.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
targas are nice, but cheap ones leak and new seals will be costly. I actually enjoy having the hardtop, also makes the chassis much lighter! But goodluck, if I were you I'd put the tranny in and then save for a 1jz swap from 7mge.