air fuel ratio with lexus afm/550 mod.

chtulu

Aug 14, 2012
gold bar
Hey all, I tried finding a few of these answers but failed.

1. What is the ball park range of the air fuel ratio people have gotten with this mod?

2. Why are people not considered with washing out the internals if its super rich?

3. I tried looking it up, but couldn't see any info on stock afm + 550s installed. Does anyone know what the outcome of this? Especially with a bigger turbo.

I'm at the final stage of my build and deciding what combo of afm and injector to use, and if anything but stock is super risky on a forged engine than I have no problem waiting on a standalone first before upgraded injectors.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
With those you would also want a afc or other piggy back afpr and bigger pump. Use the piggyback to tune and get the proper afr during boost.

Or make your life easier and switch to a standalone and go map.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
An SAFC could be used to get the afr's happy easier in open loop but there are other ways to do it. The air bypass screw on the lex afm can be used to tweak the afr's as well as playing with the base fuel pressure. Each car is different but I tweaked the screw/base fp enough where in WOT I'm near 11.0 afr from like 3k to redline.

chtulu

Aug 14, 2012
gold bar
I have a fp reuglator and upgraded bump. Everything is tupgraded except for the ecu due to some issues I had and lost out on some money.

My lexus afm didn't come with an adjustable screw, but I assume it wouldn't be too hard to fabricate this? I will be getting a air fuel ratio gauge, I'm curious what everyone here thinks is an acceptable amount of richness that wouldn't damage my engine.