AEM PnP Tuning

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Has anyone used the AEM Automapping feature on their car? I was reading about O2 Feedback, but that doesn't appear to make permanent changes to the fuel map.

I was curious if anyone used it and how well it works. My car needs a bunch of part throttle/daily driving type adjustments, as it is rich everywhere on the map, ie 10.5:1 at low throttle input cruising around at 50-60 kph.

Last edited:

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
It sucks, don't use it. Log the o2 feedback value vs load/RPM and make incremental changes to the fuel table yourself.

Having O2 feedback turned on with a good desired A/F ratio table is a good idea, but limit it to +- about 10% adjustment. Then make incremental changes to the fuel map thru logging to get within that error band so it can actually hit the desired ratio.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Funkycheeze;1752247 said:
It sucks, don't use it. Log the o2 feedback value vs load/RPM and make incremental changes to the fuel table yourself.

Having O2 feedback turned on with a good desired A/F ratio table is a good idea, but limit it to +- about 10% adjustment. Then make incremental changes to the fuel map thru logging to get within that error band so it can actually hit the desired ratio.

^This. You'll be driving fine one moment, then your car will stall in the middle of an intersection. Bad news bears imo...

Its slow but its woth it in the end! That, or pay a good tuner to have it done in a couple hours ;)

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
just learning the settings, did a quick log on my drive to lunch. its super rich, but the only thing ive done so far is change the minimum RPM for o2 feedback to 1100, which seemed to help my spiral of death at cold start.

Attachments

• 290811_001.stf
    437.8 KB · Views: 6
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
That is not correct. The stock ECU will start cross counting as soon as the O2 sensor starts working (first lean to rich transition), which is typically no more than 15-30 seconds after a cold start.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
no wonder it's better then.

i don't want to mess with my load fuel or timing yet, until i understand more about it, so keep that in mind with my questions. i'd rather get the idle better, right now it's very rich.

so looking through my map, found a few things, keep in mind i dont have idle air control at the moment (FFIM and BBK 60mm throttle body):

ENGINE START:
fuel pump prime = 0 ...... no trouble cranking/starting, but i always key on for a few seconds before cranking. leave it?

IDLE:
hi idle car speed = 410 KPH .............. this seems wrong to me, seems like i should be in high idle at anything above say 60 KPH?
idle fb above rpm = 300 ............... my crank exit is 400 rpm, should this match be the same? i have no trouble with cranking/starting, it starts right away every time.
idle fb below rpm = 2000 ............. seems high, but the car doesn't stall when letting off the throttle at speed, so i figure leave this as is

O2 FEEDBACK:
O2 FB coolant min = 60 ......... so this shouldn't be effecting my cold start anyways.
O2 FB Accel Clear, DFCO Clear, and Over Clear = unchecked ............ my DFCO is set up and works nicely, so any problems with checking these three?

DFCO
everything here seems to work fine, but Fuel Off Coolant Min = 0, so i figure i should change this to 60 *C to match my other settings

FUEL:
Knock Control = unchecked.... not sure on this, opinions?
Warmup Enrichment: Currently going from +30% at 0*C, tapering pretty evenly down to 0% at 70*C ...... seem ok?
Injector Trim: currently #1, #5, and #6 are seeing +2-4% at 3200rpm. shouldn't these all be set the same? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual, but i might be looking in the wrong place

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Another log, this time from cold start. It started to do a death spiral to almost stalling, so i held the RPM at around 1500 until it warmed up.

Lastest gas mileage = 22.5L/100km. 10:1 everywhere it seems....

Attachments

• 030911_000.stf
    769.6 KB · Views: 3