aem map sensor wiring help !!!

Terry steward

Oct 18, 2007
benfleet essex
We have had a nightmare for two days !!!,ive had the car running map and maf in the last month,but have had problems,as we found out a few weeks back,that someone had installed high impedance injectors,and the guy doing my mapping had hours of wasted time,trying to get it tuned, NOW as it has now had low imp fitted,my m8 and me,wanted to get it back up and running a base map using the map sensor,so the tuner has less mucking about next week when he is gonna have another attempt at it,

problem is,he left it a couple of weeks back,with the maf afm still on,but had the wire in the stock position,as we briefly went back to the stock ecu and maf,whilst trying to trouble shoot the problem, i.e high imp injectors.

problem is,we cant work out which pin is 17a on the plug,which we need to do in order to get the aem running the base map,with map sensor,can anyone post an ecu pinout diagram,with the pins numbered,or at least pin 17a highlighted,cheers, terry

John Reed

Supramania Contributor
Mar 23, 2007
Portland, OR
Terry steward;1219330 said:
We have had a nightmare for two days !!!,ive had the car running map and maf in the last month,but have had problems,as we found out a few weeks back,that someone had installed high impedance injectors,and the guy doing my mapping had hours of wasted time,trying to get it tuned, NOW as it has now had low imp fitted,my m8 and me,wanted to get it back up and running a base map using the map sensor,so the tuner has less mucking about next week when he is gonna have another attempt at it,

problem is,he left it a couple of weeks back,with the maf afm still on,but had the wire in the stock position,as we briefly went back to the stock ecu and maf,whilst trying to trouble shoot the problem, i.e high imp injectors.

problem is,we cant work out which pin is 17a on the plug,which we need to do in order to get the aem running the base map,with map sensor,can anyone post an ecu pinout diagram,with the pins numbered,or at least pin 17a highlighted,cheers, terry

If your AEM software is installed in the default locations, go to C:\Program Files\AEM\AEMPro\Instructions and select the .pdf that matches your part number. You will find all the pin info a guy could hope to have! :biglaugh:

madmax98

Jul 2, 2008
CA
Terry steward;1219330 said:

why did you take out the high impedence injectors?

Terry steward

Oct 18, 2007
benfleet essex
Blimey,,well late with a reply on this !!!!,,but as I understood it back then the mkiii Supra was Low imp,,,?????,Are high imp useable then ??,,And wouldn't that involve other Components to get hem to work ??,,,,,

But 4 years on,with many set backs,,some of the improvements are,,,now Running a Turbo Technics stage 2 Turbo,,Blitz Exhaust,,One piece 3" elbow DP in one,,bigger IC piping,today's Mapping session yielded just over 400 Bhp at the rear Tyres,,I've still used the Autobox,,not Sure what the Transmission losses are on That,,the mapper seems to think Flywheel figures will potentially be 441 Bhp at 5620 Rpm,,and 490 Lbs Torque at 4250 Rpm,,,it's running 19 psi

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
Supras use low impedance injectors and a resistor pack. If you want to run high impedance injectors, other than making the connectors work you need to bypass the resistors in the pack by making an adapter harness where the pack plugs in. It is quite easy.

Terry steward

Oct 18, 2007
benfleet essex
Ah,that may cure the Hesitancy when I plant my foot,,,they tried everything to Map that out with my AEM Standalone,,improved,but couldn't get rid of it completely,,