AEM EMS vs Stinger

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
really an EMS is an EMS you need to choose the features and go with that one.

Aem has everything i want/need

Boost control, Launch control, Meth control via NOS or tirggers and traction control.

Also works with stock auto!

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
turbo87targa;1141461 said:
so the pnp harness from driftmotion replaces the stock one and eliminates the sensors/wires that are no longer needed?

you would really need to talk to bigarron about that. im pretty sure it just makes so you can use your exsiting harness.

i was saying that you could build a completly new harness and eliminate all the stuff you didnt need and it would look really good. i dont know about you but i dont really like wiring to much, so i would probably pay some body to do it for me. but thats just me.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
bmoss85;1141596 said:
you would really need to talk to bigarron about that. im pretty sure it just makes so you can use your exsiting harness.

i was saying that you could build a completly new harness and eliminate all the stuff you didnt need and it would look really good. i dont know about you but i dont really like wiring to much, so i would probably pay some body to do it for me. but thats just me.

yea I think your right. It looks like it does just adapt to the stock harness. I definitly do not like wireing Lol.

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
well heres my situation. Im wondering what ems i want to use. I already have a brand new harness on my 91 motor. so i dont want to be hacking that. the only thing i want out of a ems is to tune. I dont know what else that i could get from a ems that i wouldnt need. i just want to adjust spark air fuel timing and get rid of the stock AFM. thats all.

I saw some one was selling a stinger in the for sale section for cheap (600's i thought) thats a great price compared to 1600 AEM's ems.

is there some thing else that i would want to adjust that i cant think of right now?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
avp23;1158543 said:
well heres my situation. Im wondering what ems i want to use. I already have a brand new harness on my 91 motor. so i dont want to be hacking that. the only thing i want out of a ems is to tune. I dont know what else that i could get from a ems that i wouldnt need. i just want to adjust spark air fuel timing and get rid of the stock AFM. thats all.

I saw some one was selling a stinger in the for sale section for cheap (600's i thought) thats a great price compared to 1600 AEM's ems.

is there some thing else that i would want to adjust that i cant think of right now?

you mean the tuner right?

sometimes an EMS is the right tool for the job and other times, the user in question should not be allowed within 1 mile from a car with an EMS. So what makes you think that adjusting timimg and fueling is a user adjustment?

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
figgie;1158833 said:
you mean the tuner right?

sometimes an EMS is the right tool for the job and other times, the user in question should not be allowed within 1 mile from a car with an EMS. So what makes you think that adjusting timimg and fueling is a user adjustment?

Yes, i agree. I should not be allowed to do any thing with it I'll admit that. the tuner is the only one that will be making the adjustments. but i also would like to learn a little bit about it.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
avp23;1160615 said:
Yes, i agree. I should not be allowed to do any thing with it I'll admit that. the tuner is the only one that will be making the adjustments. but i also would like to learn a little bit about it.

Well a tuner will show you bits and pieces but more specifically they will show/tell/instruct you were NOT to go. Also, it would be unwise to tune a motor without knowing what the motor is looking for in the EMS in particular to Injection pulse width (be it in degrees, time, percentage, VE etc) ignition timing, dwell, battery offset. If those words seem "chinese" to you then definetly let an experience tuner take care of it :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Zazzn;1141497 said:
really an EMS is an EMS you need to choose the features and go with that one.

Aem has everything i want/need

Boost control, Launch control, Meth control via NOS or tirggers and traction control.

Also works with stock auto!

AEM says it doesn't. The A340E has input from the TCCS. How did you do yours? Or did you use a stand alone on the A340E itself? That is an asuummption that you are auto. I guess I don't know that you are.