A341E Shifting Issue

mtriples

May 25, 2010
Alberta
So I recently installed an AEM series 2 EMS in my MKIV TT auto, and I've been having some weird shifting issues. Only current mods are the EMS, a wideband, and a catback.

Because I know someone will ask, the transmission works fine with the factory ecu.

When I place the car in manual mode, it doesn't always seem to be able to differentiate between the gear positions...for example, I shift to the 1st gear postion, but the car stays in 2nd, or it stays in 3rd when I downshift to 2nd. And when I downshift to 1st, it takes until the car is almost to a stop until it actually engages. It seems mostly random. It shifts fine on its own if I leave it in auto mode and 3rd gear position, but it does the same thing if I pull it into 1st or 2nd auto mode.

The guy who tuned my car was bitching about this...but he isn't hugely familiar with Supras.

I have a Titan stage 2 tranny on the way, and I'd rather have this fixed before it arrives...any help would be appreciated.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The A341 didn't come in any US market Supras. It is an A340. The 341 was in the Celsior/LS400. Just FYI...

There should be a code with that. The shift solenoids are probably causing the problem. When one fails, it will act a certain way, such as holding a gear.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
If I remember correctly the A341E came in the Mark 4 TT supra's and the A340E came in the Non turbo Mark 4's. The difference is the line pressure is controlled by PWM via a solenoid instead of the throttle cable.

The late SC400's also came with the A341E

mtriples

May 25, 2010
Alberta
Nope. My torque convertor was screwed soon after posting this, car would just free rev in any gear...working on getting a Titan tranny and convertor installed over the winter.