A1 Racing Coilover Sleeves for Bilstein

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
This is the setup I run on my car. The issue is that you really need new upper mounts that are designed for 2.5'' ID springs. The Tein pillow ball mounts are the wrong size. I am making my own upper mounts on a CNC but I cannot make any more. If you can get access to a CNC I can discuss with you the design and have some made.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
They are not directly. They have to be drilled out and even then they simply compress the factory mounts and slowly yield them. I have upper mounts being made to make this setup functional except currently I do not have a means to mass produce them. Maybe in time I will. For now unless you can find tapered springs that go from the 2.5 inch ID spring at the bottom to the factory diameter at the top this setup is a no go.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Keith: These upper mounts going to be pillow ball type full mounts or simple adapters for the stock mounts to run 2.5" springs?

Last edited by a moderator:

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
If you were talking to me my name is kyle. :biglaugh: They are full pillow ball type. This allows the greatest amount of shock travel. The base plates are made, I am still machining the bearing retainer plates and the custom nuts that center the shock in the bearing. The mill is being moved to my house so I might actually be able to mass produce these now.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Ah ok. Too bad they can't be used, it would be a great option to full coilovers.

What type of mill are you getting? I'm picking up a benchtop mill to convert to CNC for hobby stuff, not production.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Those style tops seem to work with the Cusco pillowball mounts (I have em on my car, I'd need to get pics).

I'm not entirely sure on my setup though as I got them used.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Poodles;1525151 said:
Those style tops seem to work with the Cusco pillowball mounts (I have em on my car, I'd need to get pics).

I'm not entirely sure on my setup though as I got them used.

Yea that works however you lose a significant amount of shock travel from the mount thickness. Ultimately a 2.5 in pillow ball mount is what is needed. To bad our factory front springs are 3 inch ID.

crucialval

Dec 30, 2008
Sylva nc
I was looking at a set of Koni 30's with a Koni coilover kit made for the 30's and eibach springs. I will have to do more research in to to valve and spring rate options but It looks like $1100. plus pillow mounts.
Pillow mounts will have to adapt to the top eye of the shock shouldn't be hard to make.

The question is, is this better then the package options in the same price?