a tool to help you guys

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
http://www.supracentral.com/hosted/junior/4stroke.xls

has some basic functionality, it's not too fancy, but it'll help you guys out with some basic stuff like compression ratio, piston acceleration, piston weight, etc.

I'll keep updating it, but I wrote it in abit of a hungover stupor and I don't wanna get into the deeper stuff without being able to think abit better.

anybody else who has stuff they wanna add, either go ahead and add it, or PM me and I'll do what I can. I do this stuff for a living in 2-strokes, so I know a fair amount about it, just takes time to write. But for real, it probably takes me less time to write this stuff than it takes a PS guru to make somebody a signature, so it's not that big a deal.

stuff that I'll be adding later:
- TDC CS temperature
- Dynamic VE calculations based on absolute pressure
- Estimated HP/Tq calculations based on flow.
- mean piston speed calculator
- rpm calculator based on given piston speed.

Instructions for use.

fill in the values on the left, don't touch the ones on the right.

Values:

If somebody wants to fill me in on the proper dimensions, that'd be fantastic, I just kinda guessed on some of them, I need head cc value, conrod length (center to center) piston dish volume (the volume of the "eyebrows")

Values are all metric, I'm canadian and I think in metric, I'll build in a converter later if there's big demand for one, I don't really know if anyone cares tho, since the car is built metric, I think it'll probably be ok as it is.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Junior sent me a few PM's on this, and I'm impressed with his level of detail and knowlege on selecting just the right compression ratio and piston for the job. (I wimped out and just used what ROSS told me was right when we setup the stroker motor, and the off the shelf stuff is going to have the CR they advertise for a stock block and head. Machine work on either will change your final CR slightly, and can be somewhat compensated for with head gasket thickness.)

I have not checked the math, and really you don't want me too :) There is a reason I'm not a rocket scientist!

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
yea I'll add in a feature that calculates how much volume you lose for each thousanth of an inch of machining on the block or head, so add up the total thou's of machine work, and then subtract it from the head volume and you'll be there.