A formal Introduction......

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Alright, I've been surfing the forums for a little while now (wow, just checked join date was April 2007!!!) ok a lotta while, buying miscellaneous parts and commenting here and there while trying to get my latest supra up and running….. finally got her back and running !!!!!! I’ll be beginning my build thread tonight and post it even though its been going on for 5 years now.

Before that I thought it was time I introduced myself properly…..

My Name is Andrew and I am a Boost addict.

My story: I Bought an 86.5 NA for $1,200.00 about 8 years ago when I was 20 and absolutely fell in love with the car (previous car was a Saturn SC1.. ha!). First car ever was a 1983 Banana yellow Toyota Tercel complete with brown spots.. ;) Bought that one for 500$ with ~185,000 miles drove the crap out of it and sold it a year later for 500$; needless to say I was already a Toyota fan.

So then bought another one for like 300 bucks for possible hopes of NA to turbo (had rock knock, bad) and tried to nurse it home, I was gentle but there was one hill she just couldn’t make….. good bye Rose, I’m sorry you had to go like that. Some dudes pulled up in a van offered to push me to my destination in their stoner van, highly illegal but cheap and effective, yeah picture that through town…. Got it home though….

My original supra decided the crescent lock/key on the crank shaft was no good anymore and freaked me out on my way to work a few days later : all of a sudden no power steering, temp spiked, and no voltage WTF!!! I thought and pulled over quick. Examined under the hood to see the fan was barely moving along with anything else powered by the crank, luckily I had a spare supra at home to pull parts off of!

Loved my NA but wanted more power as most red blooded males/females do… researched NA to turbo but quickly realized it was much easier to start with a turbo platform. So I got rid of the two NA’s and searched for a turbo. Found a 1987 Turbo Targa top 5 years ago and had to take her apart. My cars was then boxes and boxes of nuts bolts and parts, hence the name 7Thousandpiecesmgte........ and the build thread will start from there.

I’d like to say a very big thank you to Supracentral, DreamerTheresa, Shaeff, IJ, Jdub, JetJock, Grim Jack, Supra Hero, Upgraded Supra, and all the other Vets, Regulars and Sellers (Tubbie is the man BTW), sorry I cant list all off you off the top of my head. Even though I may not have spoken to you directly the previous posts and your ongoing efforts have helped me tremendously. Although slightly difficult to utilize initially, once you get the hang of the search button this site rocks for the MK3.

I reside north of Baltimore, MD and do not know any locals yet, feel free to drop me a line if you are close by.

Now, I’m off to start typing my build thread, looking forward to being a part of the Supramania community!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome Andrew. I didn't read all of your post yet. It might take me a while to finish it, but I see punctuation and paragraphs in it, so I should be able to understand it. Thanks for that.

Chrisco

Build in Progress
Jan 4, 2009
Downers Grove, IL
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1217594 said:
Sorry for the lengthy post, but the title did say "formal introduction"!!! :D

Haha, right you are. Good luck with completing the next 5 years of your build, I'll be watching along as you post up your progress!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Well, I wouldn't say welcome to SM since you've been here for a while and have quite some posts. It's good to have you here! I will have to check out some of your posts.