A few Q's for those of you running MS

Sinistr

Has Been
Jan 8, 2007
ABQ, NM
MS3 Pro

Hey guys. I wanted to get some input from those that have successfully integrated the MS3 into their MKIII. I'm on the verge of making the purchase of a MS3 Pro from DIY AutoTune. My only real reason for holding off is that they do not offer a PNP patch harness. They do however, off what is called a DIYBOB. Apparently, this will allow you to use the MS3 connector and allow you to build/wire it into a N52 plug, or pretty much any OEM plug, and essentially "make" a custom tailored harness for any particular car. My problem is, I'm not very skilled at soldering. I was wondering if any of you, who have the MS3, or any other variant of MS, have built this type of harness or did you land up just having someone such as Dr. Tweak, or Chase Bays or someone else build you a patch harness? Or is your system just hardwired into you harness?

I've looked at a few EMS from DM, Kaizen, ProEFI and a few others. For what I can pay right now, I think that MS is a pretty solid option. I know that people are going to say to just go with what my local tuner can tune best. Well, I have access to a few tuners locally and a couple that have had great results with MS. And it isn't bad that I've been reading as much as possible, thanks to people like Shaodome and a couple others, about the MS3 and how well they got the system to run in a MKIII with a 7M. So I would like to know from those that have any experience with MS, how did you wire it into your car? How do you feel that the tuning went on this system? How do you feel that your car performs after the install/tune? I'm sure that I will have more Q's to follow, but this is all for now. Thanks.