A few 1JZ ?'s...

T

toyotech01

I will be buying a front clip from Jarco engines within a week. I have a few things that I am unclear about/need to verify:
- I can use the stock 7M radiator, and use the 2JZ-GTE water pump, pulley, fan, and fan clutch correct?
- 2JZ-GTE FMIC and piping will fit w/1JZ correct?
- Does the 1J have the LSD rear end?
- The whole wiring process is not 100% clear to me, I get the basics, but I would like a very detailed description, I have looked at several sites and still not 100% clear, what site can I find this on?
Im sure I will think of some more later.
Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
1) yes: pump, pulley, fan will fit, but probably you'll need to cut the cover bitween radiator and fan, or, maybe trow it away at all - not much difference. The better solution is to install an electric fan. It gives you more places for IC pipes

2) I have JZA70 stock intercooler (unfortunally broken) and have to say that 2JZ-GTE motor from Aristo fits perfectly. What's car clip you buy?

3) Some native japanese JZA70 haven't LSD... :(

T

toyotech01

I will be buying my clip from Jarco as soon as they get one in.
I bought a shell yesterday (drove 8 hours total to get it!) and it is missing the stock powersteering pump. Can I use the 1J pump eventhough it uses the hydro setup?
So a 2J FMIC WILL fit on a 1J correct?
Thank you for your help

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
Whether a 2JZ intercooler will fit in the MkIII or not depends on the size. I believe the widest it can be is about 30”, 12” tall and 4” thick. I’m pretty sure the piping won’t fit though.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
you have to use the 1jz powersteering pump and resivour which resides on the driver side.the hydro-fan pump is incorperated into the jza70 waterpump.
keith

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Intercooler - Can use 24x12x4... however do not get one designed for the MKIV, unless the endtank's inlets are facing towards the firewall, instead of straight out of the sides. Take a look at Rick's http://www.1jz-gte.us/ ... the inlets are facing the right way on the Blitz IC.

Waterpump (hydro) - get rid of that sh*t while engine is out... see the other thread about using a 2JZ-GTE waterpump and fan/clutch (it's the way to go)... one less issue to fail, leak, or irritate. BTW: I have a spare fan/clutch I just got for $40 shipped (lemme know if U go that route and I'll let you have it for the same, plus any addtl shipping).

Wiring - Just follow the stuff on Rick's site, or look for some local help from someone a bit more familiar. Dunno your location, so can't offer ya any advice on who to see...

Good luck...

T

toyotech01

I live in Tulsa, OK. A Toyota Master diagnostic technician will be helping me do the swap. The things totally specific to the 1J motor might be the only thing that could get in my way. I just want to make sure I get all of the wiring down. I guess just keep reading and reading....

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
ops... it's my turn to ask:
so, what's really to do with water pump? Can i use "native" pump with hydro-fan or i MUST to replace it? Damn, i don't wanna spend another 150$, i know much more interesting way to spend it! :(

T

toyotech01

I bought my 1JZ clip today. Complete with a Greddy FMIC, all the piping, and a Greddy Type-S BOV already on the clip. It should be here around 6-8 weeks. :icon_smil

T

toyotech01

here is a video of the clip that I will be receiving. Man this will make the wait seem a lot longer.
Ok, should work now

Last edited by a moderator: