'94 Supra 1JZ "Big" Single Build - BW S200SX

Vintage91

Oct 28, 2012
Calgary SW
Prism11;1953268 said:
Glad to see the the Borg Warner is working good for you. I picked up a S366 for my 7M build. Cant argue with a $600 price tag that put down the same power as a 1500 alternate.
I feel the Borg's are overlooked too often, not too many people on hear seem to be using them, they typically go with the holsets.

I couldn't agree more! I've seen a few S300 build-ups in a variety of trims and A/Rs. Great performance/known reliability and such a low price, and cheap to rebuild if required. Hard to beat.

Vintage91

Oct 28, 2012
Calgary SW
Quick video just to prove it runs and sounds like a 1JZ! The ETT (Extended Tip Technology) compressor wheel has a very distinctive whine to it...This was my first run down the 1/4 mile with the new single setup. Boost was at 14, and I completely botched the launch and clearly missed my shift point while manually shifting the auto...this was a 14.5 sec run :nono: ....still trapped at 105mph, though! And it's currently the only video I have of it in it's current configuration. My next run was a 13.5@ 107MPH. Not until I installed the heavier WG springs did I get the 13.0 at a different track.

[video=youtube;VRXIM39hSUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRXIM39hSUY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Vintage91

Oct 28, 2012
Calgary SW
Update!: Roasted the tranny. That's pretty much it! Really not surprised or upset, it's an inevitability with a near-stock auto. Started to slip in 1st gear, flaring a bit on the 1-2 shift, then I could hear the pump whine (usually indicating restricted flow)... Took it into work to have a look, almost didn't make it. Did NOT want to shift out of 1st. No line pressure, as I tried to pump out some fluid by way of removing the cooler line. The fluid flow was not very motivated to say the least...

Dropped the pan, filter was pretty much clogged. Magnets clean for the most part. Small chunks of black burnt fiber in the filter...clutch packs, yay!

Cleaned the filter out, filled with fresh Type IV that I removed, works much better. Pump whine is gone, shifts are back to normal, but I will not be driving spiritedly (or at all) for that matter for the next little bit until I upgrade the trans. Intentions were always there to purchase a built trans, I was just going to do that later this Winter. We'll see where that goes. So I guess I'm on the hunt for a built A340E!

squeezeandgo

Oct 17, 2012
canada
Was looking to purchase a bw s360....but recently changed my mind to go with a s256. Was thinking the 1.22 was a bit too big for our cars but I think now I may possibly want to try it out on the 1jz... Anyone else running this turbo?

Vintage91

Oct 28, 2012
Calgary SW
1990MA70;1988078 said:
So when are you putting the new tranny in? ;) Awesome video btw, sounds amazing!
Thanks! Can't wait to get it out of hibernation! New Trans should be going in in April sometime. ;) Perhaps sooner depending on how horny I get! Haha!

squeezeandgo;1990748 said:
Was looking to purchase a bw s360....but recently changed my mind to go with a s256. Was thinking the 1.22 was a bit too big for our cars but I think now I may possibly want to try it out on the 1jz... Anyone else running this turbo?
PM Sent! The 1.22 turbine A/R is that large due to being twin scroll. :)

Also, you'll be hard-pressed to find any conclusive information about this particular turbocharger on this engine. Hoping to change that! This turbo's a relative hidden gem for street tuned JZ-powered cars, IMO!

Vintage91

Oct 28, 2012
Calgary SW
040.jpg

Leaky Cap discovered!! R&R'd all five of 'em today. We'll see if this makes any difference with some over-fuelling I'm experiencing. Can't hurt, regardless.

Got my new spark plugs, NGK Copper BKR7E's....big spender! ;)

Also bought a new pair of rear tires yesterday, some BFG G-force Sport Comp 2's in a 275/35/18. These will be replacing my thoroughly thrashed 255/40 Potenza Pole Position RE050A's. Using 235/40 on the front on 8" wide wheels.
I'd like to widen my rear wheels as well by using a new wider lip section, growing from a 9" wide to a 10 or 10.5" wide. This will inherently decrease my current +48 Offset, but should bring the wheel more flush with my fender without having to replace the barrel section as well. Currently looking for some 3-piece wheel parts vendors to supply the upgrade. Anyone have any input/experience with any companies?

As most tuners are used to, I'm waiting to see what sort of tax refund happens this year which will dictate which round of mods occurs next! Can't wait to cross some items off the list and post up some tasty pics!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
squeezeandgo;1990748 said:

You can get a .91 divided as well too.