92 supra 7m-gte

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
I have a couple of questions, new to this game car has no power also running rich .I remove catalytic converter it improved a little bit I smell fuel so I'm ordering oxygen sensor am I on the right path also the missing two senses here what are the names ?
8bce730cf220b12d4d54c75aba017c76.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
top one is A/C coolant sensor switch and the bottom one is radiator cooling fan switch

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
It looks like your sensor on the bottom is broken and it should have a blue connector coming off of it for that one.

On that catalytic converter, a new o2 sensor will not help you. Once I installed a full 3" exhaust years ago and had both of my converters removed, the fuel smell came on strong right away. I would highly recommend a high flow cat instead so you can have a good balance.

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
So what is the easiest way to make a bone stock car run a little quicker... oh a thanks 4 the replies I got it running decent.... I have a grand national and we can change chips in pcm...I was just asking to see if I got lucky

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
No chips just piggybacks and higher priced standalone's for better engine management control.

First thing I would do is make sure maintenance is up to date so your Supra can run its best at a OEM power level. Then for a nice little upgrade I would do

- 3" intake filter
- full 3" exhaust from turbo back
- shim the wastegate on the turbo so you can get a few more psi of of the turbo

When I did this to my Supra back in 08 I noticed a difference right away and it had alot better response and sounded soo much better. I still have all this done till this day but back then it put down 224hp 222tq at the wheels on the Dyno Jet with a automatic transmission.

If you are going for a bit more hp then some 550cc fuel injectors, Lex AFM housing, upgraded factory turbo, upgraded fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator (w/ j-tube bypass) and a piggypack will do you nicely.

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
Car still running poorly and back firing I checked for codes one code 42 speed sensor not working.. I installed new 02 sensor ,spark plugs mass air flow sensor in between spec. Where can I look am missing something. Injectors and Spark to all cylinders ok

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, code 42 is the only code that popped up?
I would clear the code by removing the EFI fuse for a minute, then reinstalling, and check codes again after you run it up to operating temperature.
Also, you never mentioned- What has been done to the engine? Is it completely stock?

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
supraguy@aol;2091680 said:
So, code 42 is the only code that popped up?
I would clear the code by removing the EFI fuse for a minute, then reinstalling, and check codes again after you run it up to operating temperature.
Also, you never mentioned- What has been done to the engine? Is it completely stock?
Yes bone stock ..code 42 is speed sensor ? No other codes are coming up.
car is idling high around 1500 RPMs and backfires and if I turn the air conditioner on it really loses power..

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
Yea code 42 is speed sensor. Here's the factory repair manual
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=28

I'd check timing.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=IG&P=20

Could be an air leak. Pull off every hose you can get to and inspect for cracks, etc. The big 'accordion' piece between the airflow meter and turbo is notorious for cracking.

I'd also do a compression test. Won't ever get it to run right if somethings wrong with the motor.

I'll also throw this in, a post I made a while ago. The AFM test is only for the temp sensor in it. Here's how you test if it's metering the air correctly:

You need a multimeter that can test frequency or rpm though. Test between terminals Ks and E2, connector plugged in, engine running, so you'll have to find a way to tap into those wires like stuffing something skinny into where they go into the connector, or stick thin needles through them (or just get wire probe test leads for your multimeter). Or go to an auto supply store and buy some "T-Taps" aka "Posi-Taps". In RPM four cylinder mode, divide that reading by 30 to get frequency (if your meter doesn't have frequency mode). The spec should be somewhere around 20-30 hertz at idle & should rise when you rev the motor. If it doesn't rise smoothly when you rev the motor, the sensor is probably bad.

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
OK so I found the problem .Cy # 5 is getting water in cylinder. Thanks ,time to pull head off

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
Oh almost forgot where can I buy intercooler piping and a ir that actually screws into mass air flow sensor housing

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Um. Is the water in cylinder 5 from the head gasket, or an external hose leak?

Also, I don't understand your last question??

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
supraguy@aol;2092265 said:

Yeah it's da head gasket Cy 5 and 6 had water ...da other question was where can I buy all the turbo piping at ..plug n play no hassle

natedog910

Mar 23, 2017
US
supraguy@aol;2092265 said:

Bad head gasket 5 n 6 ...
Where can I get the piping at 4 turbo since I have it all taken apart and I might as well put that back aftermarket