91 supra rear speaker

bmam

Feb 27, 2011
Plano, TX
Does anyone know of any place that can make or sale the rear speaker enclosure. When i bought the supra, it was missing the cloth part that inserts into the rear side behind the door. I saw they had one for sale on Ebay but it was carbon fiber. Just wondering if anybody know where i can find one?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I believe Paulo from Retrospec on here was making them... check the group buy section.

bmam

Feb 27, 2011
Plano, TX
Thank you te72. I will check it out. I am in desperate need of finding something to insert there. I cant seem to find the specific dark color carpet insert for it. I must have a rare carpet color or something.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Yea retrospec had a gb on them awhile ago. They were 6 1/2". I bought a set from him. Looks nice but it doesn't come in carpet. I still have yet to install it :-/

bmam

Feb 27, 2011
Plano, TX
supra1008;1698833 said:
Yea retrospec had a gb on them awhile ago. They were 6 1/2". I bought a set from him. Looks nice but it doesn't come in carpet. I still have yet to install it :-/

It doesnt really matter if its carpet or not, i just need something to replace the carpet inserts. I checked out the GB but i see that it hasnt been updated in a while. Well ince you havent installed it yet, how bout i buy it off you. :icon_bigg

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Yea never hurts. Once motor/trans is back in and running I'll start working on audio again. Not sure what speakers I want yet. Definately 6 1/2" in the back and front maybe some 6x9's in the hatch. We'll see when I get there.

bmam

Feb 27, 2011
Plano, TX
Currently I am running 6 1/2" component set up front and 6x9's in the hatch. There is no rear speakers besides the tweeters as to my knowlege all the rear speakers are busted. They sound alright but I would like to add another 6 1/2" component to the rear as I need something to replace those inserts. I don't know why the previous owner had this set up but it works fine for now.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
My old supra I fitted 5x7's in the stock boxes on the deck.

p1701755_1.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
^--anymore info?

How'd you get them to fit? Just found out yesterday when installing my 6 1/2's in my 89 that my rear hatch speakers don't work on my 89, and I'd love something baller like that..

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Heh. Pretty much took the speaker. Flipped it and centered it on the top of the stock enclosure. Made an outline of the speaker on the enclosure. Then took a dremel to it. Took a while cause I didn't have the right bit at the time. If had a good cut of wheel it wouldve been quicker and came out a lot better. It did stick out like 1/4-1/8" cause the enclosure width is just shy of the 5" or the speaker was a little wider than 5". I think there is more pics on my old supra thread.

CrazySupra

Sep 28, 2010
North alabama
Since both you guys have a 1991. How does the speaker cover come off on the rear panel? Didn't want to stick a screwdriver and bust the cover if it didn't have clips. Do I have to take the rear panel off? Do you know what I can get (size) without a bunch of cutting?
Thanks in advanced

Last edited: