91 Factory Amp Integration Harness

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
Question guys. Does this exist? I see quite a few 92+ Toyota/Lexus integration harnesses, but nothing for 91.

Just a heads up, I pretty much don't want a thread full of "scrap it and go aftermarket" like i know is coming. I'd like to get a lead on the harness that I need to hook this thing up without hardwiring the amp harness to the deck harness.

Thanks in advance

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
I know they standardized the 2 plug non-premium radio connectors. The Supra in 91 w/ the amp had these plugs. The way they set it up, a single 14 pin connector goes into the radio. There is a sub harness attached to this harness that has the standardized regular plain old Toyota 2 connector radio pigtails connected. The 2 by the radio plug directly into the body harness of the car, the other 2 span all the way down to the amp. I have attached a crude mspaint image that I made to demonstrate. It appears in 92 they switched to a different pigtail in the premium audio cars. The radio to amp connecters between 91 and 92 are not the same.

Attachments

• supraamp.JPG
    supraamp.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 50

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
really? weird. All amp'd Toytas I've seen from this era still had standard plugs running to the amp (which was a PITA if you didn't know that, and plugged an amplified HU into it)

Hmm, I guess you could fab something up?

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
yeah, i can hack up the amp plug at the radio and splice into the head unit harness, but i was trying to avoid doing that. The good thing is, you can bypass the amp with no extra connections. You have your 2 standard connectors right there behind the deck like in a non amped car.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
For what it's worth, I have the factory radio and amplifier from my '93 Toyota Previa. I'd lay good money that these are the same.

The connection from the amplifier to the vehicle's wiring harness is exactly the same as it is for my '89 Supra.

In both the Supra and the Previa, I've gone aftermarket. I was just about to toss the factory radio and amp for the Previa.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
What is it that you want to integrate? I connected a 2000 Tundra head unit to my 1990 amp under the seat. Basically, nothing changed from 89 to 2003 except the number of unused pins in the amp connectors. You can make any pair of them interact with each other if you have the right connectors.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
3p141592654;881656 said:
What is it that you want to integrate? I connected a 2000 Tundra head unit to my 1990 amp under the seat. Basically, nothing changed from 89 to 2003 except the number of unused pins in the amp connectors. You can make any pair of them interact with each other if you have the right connectors.

Factory amp? I am unfamiliar with these.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
To my knowledge there is no factory amp integration harness. One is not needed for going after market, so there is not one readily available on the market. I will be posting soon a wiring lay out for both the audio, and ignition for us to use for installing alarms, remote start, stereos and things of that nature.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Nick M;924242 said:
Factory amp? I am unfamiliar with these.

The factory amp is on Supras with the very rare upgraded subwoofer. I've never seen one in person, but Ive seen every other supra radio harness and they are all the same standard style.