89+ vpc hardwire diagram?

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Hey i have been searching for an 89+ vpc diagram and can't find one. I saw the supracentral diagram for the pre 89 but no 89+. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
What about without the afc? I understand the red vpc is power and the white vpc gets spliced into the rpm, but i have two black wires does it matter which is ground? Also does the vpc gray wire go to the resistor without the afc? Thanks for the help. I have a pretty good understanding of wiring but by no means an expert so help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Look at the ECU connector diagram in the link in the post above yours, it's pretty straightforward without the AFC.

Connect the VPC Red (power) to the wire coming from +B on the ECU.
Connect the VPC Black (ground) to E1
Connect the VPC Grey wire to KS
Connect the VPC White wire to IGT

You still need the resistor plugged into E2 & THA - that's where the factory temp sensor was connected in the original AFM. You need the resistor there to simulate that the sensor is still there and putting out a steady temp output. 2400 ohms should simulate about 70 deg F.

In the future, if you ever choose to add something like an AFC, you'll just attach the grey wire from the VPC to the orange wire on the AFC and will attach the pink wire from the AFC to the KS wire on the ECU.

Also, if you are tapping in multiple grounds (like adding the brown & black grounds from the AFC) be sure you space them at least 1/4" or so apart from each other and the ground for the VPC on the wire you are splicing to - do not connect them together as this can create a situation where the grounds are grounded "to each other" rather than the ground on the vehicle.