89 Targa White Package Restoration

SpaceNutsActual

Oct 28, 2023
South Carolina
I'm going to keep this relatively short since my detailed post is on The Supra Fourms. Follow my progress Here

Breif overview: I bought this car in 2017 from a sketchy area in NJ. Previous owner was going to scrap the car at the end of the month. I did some general maintenance to it and used the car as a daily for about 8 months then blew up the engine (BHG). I neglected the car up until April of 2020 when I had the head decked and put the engine back together so the car would barely run (but it ran). I moved from NJ to SC in Oct 2020 and basically forgot about the car. My Father liked the car enough to work on it and use it as a daily, so he cut me a deal. I buy the parts and he would install them. I am incredibly grateful for my father for this. I eventually saved up enough and got a more stable job to have the car shipped to SC where I have made the choice to keep the car and restore the car to a sort of OEM + format.

Thank you for your time and interest. - Austin

Took this photo when I took possession of the car after I had it shipped in Nov 2023.
20231028_122253.jpg

Here is how it looks now after about a month of progress. Not a whole lot of change since then other than new wheels and tires.
tons of leaks fixed, LED light conversions, sourced some Merc 4 Pots for the front, and a whole lot more.
20231209_100750.jpg

SpaceNutsActual

Oct 28, 2023
South Carolina
A new Update: Designed some replacement clips for the front mudguards. Cause we all know the steel insert rusts and crumbles then it sags like in the image above. Here is a taste of what I have cooking as a retrofit. Parts are MJF printed out of Glass Reinforced Nylon. Full explanation is in the SF link. 20240106_085107.jpg20240106_085116.jpg20240106_085057.jpg

Thank you for your time and Interest.
God Bless You, -Austin

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
The smaller plastic clips can still be purchased, I beieve.
Even though people don't post in here as much, they still check out the threads, so rock on, and keep posting!

Reactions: SpaceNutsActual