89 supra owner

speedmaster

May 23, 2010
Vancouver
Hey guys :icon_bigg,

My name is Dean. I've been lurking the website for about a year now (since I got my supra), and it has been immensely helpful in allowing me to diagnose and fix minor issues with my supra (e.g. TPS, clutch problems, etc).

Now I've been saving some money this past year, because the good old 7m-gte is reaching the 300,000 km mark lol. My goal is to get my engine swapped for a 1jz pretty soon, replace my differential (it clunks and jerks a lot), re-paint my supra (its currently quite faded), and add some decent 18" rims. Slowly I plan to tune the engine focusing mainly on engine response and acceleration. I don't think I'll make a lot of body mods. Putting on anything more than rims and a front lip takes away the elegance of the supra in my opinion.

People think I should ditch my car and get a new one, when they see me always tinkering around and servicing it. Personally I really love the body style of the mk3 supras. I know buying a new car would be hassle free experience, but I know I could make my supra just as good as new cars. Also I know I can do it with far less money than I'd have to spend paying off the new vehicle. I believe it will be a rewarding experience and I hope to keep my car till death (me not the car:biglaugh:) do us part. I guess I have developed the so called "mystical bond between man and machine" lol.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy and should I ditch the supra?

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Stick with the supra! would love to see pics of your progress. I know everytime I fix mine it's more rewarding then of taking it back for warranty lol