!!!

1zc2utz.jpg

Excellent packaging!

5eu4op.jpg

2w2mosn.jpg

!!!!

fphjb.jpg

Viola!

Now some info about the lip. Again, this a Km's JDM replica factory front lip (the original lip had inlets that were connected with some tubing/piping/channels that allowed air to come through to cool the brakes (er something like that) that I bought from the autostreak.jp website. I payed for it on the 1/17, it was shipped from Japan on 1/26 and arrived at my house 3 days later! ($900: $270 for the lip itself, the rest for shipping) The lip is FRP, comes unpainted, and will require you to drill your own holes for mounting. The lip does NOT come with the channels that guide the air to your brakes. It feels solid and is really flexible so I'm hoping this one can take a beating!

I'll be getting in contact with Ken from Shine Auto Project to see if we can get this thing replicated for everybody!

Last edited:

Tyler Mitchell

May 27, 2013
Santa Ana CA
Hell yeah! That looks real good! I'm gonna have to agree with Alec also, I wouldn't mind if the lip was 1/4"-1/2" lower if that helps out ShineAuto in the mold process

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Tyler Mitchell;2068558 said:
Hell yeah! That looks real good! I'm gonna have to agree with Alec also, I wouldn't mind if the lip was 1/4"-1/2" lower if that helps out ShineAuto in the mold process

I think what you guys mean is that the lip should be taller so that when installed, it would be closer to the ground?

Making the lip taller would make it easier to make the mold with regards to the vents.

This requires for the lip to be cut latitudinally , extended, then put back together.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
That was extremely fast shipping and expensive . Did you use 2 day shipping, Riley?

Lip looks good.

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
I would be in for one, maybe 2... i love the look and my jza70 just doesnt seem right without a lip and the other is missing the stock lip as well :(

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
I really hope Shine can replicate it as is.. It's hard enough trying not to scrape mine, and I'm trying to keep my car 'original' (factory look)

Or if Shine doesn't really want to make it, maybe they can strike a deal with Autostyle (using our group buy money) to have a bunch shipped over to them.

Last edited:

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Alright everyone, I did a quick mock up of the lip the other day and as disappointed that I am to tell you all this..

It doesn't fit. I knew this going into it but had really hoped for the best.

I'll have more details (w/ pictures) of the mock up this weekend

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Riley

Sorry to hear that this didn't dit. If you need help with getting this modified to fit, please feel free to PM me

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
So these are the issues that I ran into when mocking up the lip:

First, you can see that the lip isn't really straight to begin (especially on the driver's side of the bumper). Also, it doesn't quite line up with the bottom of the bumper:
73i1rd.jpg

2s9rs6w.jpg

But when you do adjust the lip to sit flush with the bumper there isn't enough material to reach each end of the bumper's corners:
1zl7hwp.jpg

And don't even get me started on where you would have to drill holes into the lip to match the holes in the bumper for mounting!
2j36612.jpg

Overall, I took a gamble and knew that aftermarket anything would most likely give you trouble when fitting them to the car... But that I really wanted to see this one through..

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Wow, that really doesn't line up at all.
Maybe there was some sort of error on yhe mold making process and you happened to get one of the bad ones. Might be worth a shot to send in those pictures to the company you purchased it from.

It's a shame it didn't fit, I really liked the look of that lip and would have made a good upgrade at a fraction of the cost.

Sorry to head it didn't work out man, I know that wasn't cheap

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
ERA;2069135 said:
Thanks, Rodel. But I don't think I'll have plans for this lip..

It's fiberglass. It can be fixed. Why don't you send additional detailed pics and I'll have it looked at by a body person that Shine works with.

ibcrazee

tested
Jan 27, 2010
south of I-10
i see your disappointment Riley, but don't give up on it man. you're this far into it. get some second opinions cause as Rodel said, it can be fixed.